1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SilverStone Fortress FT03

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by mlee49, Apr 16, 2011.

1. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Very nice system, I went for a blend of power where small in some areas and large in others. The ITX setup gave a dramatic edge to the inside but the large heatsink and 275 Co-op emphasized out other areas.

This case is great for packing a punch in small places. The size it takes up is very small since it's vertically stacked.

I definitely know what you mean. I debated hard about switching over the main system to mATX.
    Good thing there are more and more better mATX and below motherboard choices. :toast:

2. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    I just have trouble seeing myself giving up either 3 video cards or my PCI-E SSD drive.

3. theshiv New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can anyone answer a question about the standoffs:

I've never built a computer before, and I'm about to install the motherboard into the FT03. I always thought that you needed to install standoffs for conductivity reasons, but I'm running into a problem with this case.

If I install standoffs into the proper places, the mobo is too high for the i/o plate. Are the "built-in" standoffs sufficient??

Thanks!

4. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I've had that same problem with the case that I got... I just did this.. I didn't screw in the top stand offs and from that, I could allow the plate to work right with the mobo... But, I didn't keep it on long.. I hate using those plates.. lol..

That was my Asus Max III Gene board.. Never tried on my MSI board..

5. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I noticed that when the motherboard doesn't fit into the i/o shield it's usually the i/o shield not pushed in all the way. Sometimes they may need to be firmly pressed in all the way before it will fit.

If the stand offs are still giving you trouble try re-mounting them, I cant think of any reason why they wouldn't fit correctly.