1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Silverstone Heligon HE01

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crazyeyesreaper, Apr 14, 2013.

1. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    SaiZo, cadaveca and Ikaruga say thanks.
  2. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the review.

Call me whatever you want, but I just can't trust a hardware which has only 1 year warranty, especially if that is a fan and some metal... seriously, is it that bad, or they just don't care? :/
  3. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What can fail on a CPU cooler? The fan bearings are designed to last longer than 2 years anyway
  4. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    Besides that fan is badass. I might not use the Heligon in a personal rig but i REALLY want some more of those 140x38mm fans.
  5. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    Assuming you replied to me:toast: It's a CPU cooler for heaven's sake, a fan mounted on some metal. You need to deliberately make it really crappy quality if it won't last for 3 years at least. My English is not very good for this, but I meant something like this:
    "Thank you very much for purchasing the Silverstone Heligon HE01. We hope that you will enjoy our high quality product, which we created with great care to make sure that it will bring pleasure and convenience to your life. Our costumers are very important to us, so if you have any problems with your new CPU-Cooler in the next 3 years, please feel free to contact us, so we can replace it for you as our apology for any inconvenience we might caused."
  6. pjl321

Thanks Received:
    How come you guys have never reviewed Phanteks PH-TC14PE? This seems to be the best air cooler out there.
  7. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    maybe I am reviewing it? who knows
  8. Emperor_Piehead

Thanks Received:
    I feel that Phanteks is just a colorful Noctua since they like to copy them
  9. Relayer

Thanks Received:
    Good review. :toast:

I didn't see it mentioned in the review, but according to Silverstone's site it's a 2x ball bearing fan. Fans of that quality will typically last for 7+ years. People concerned with the build quality, need not be.

Seems like a very good cooler. Works well and has decent RAM clearance. It's Silverstone so there's gonna be a price premium, but they generally market excellent products.
  10. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    I know that fan very well and I did not have concerns about the quality at all. It just the fact that such a well known and respected company allows itself to sell you something with a message that they don't want to hear about your problems a year later... it's just very "low" imho.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013