1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Silverstone Stider Essential ST50F-ES 500 W

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crmaris, Apr 9, 2013.

1. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    m1dg3t, ogharaei and Ikaruga say thanks.
  2. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    It's more expensive even than the Corsair CX modular units, not to mention the non modular ones.. Probably because everyone and their mothers are selling Corsair units here. Other than that looks decent.
  3. Emperor_Piehead

Thanks Received:
    That is my problem for silverstone power supplies they are ask too much for them compared to what the rest for the market is offering
  4. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    actually it has the same price with Corsair CX500 at newegg. The latter has all of its cables sleeved but the Silverstone has better capacitors in the secondary. Performance wise since I haven't tested the Corsair unit I don't have any comparison data. If they offered a three year warranty in the US like they do in EU and the AU market then things would be much easier for it.
  5. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Were they priced equally I would take any of them. But over here it feels like Corsair owns the entire market. :laugh:
  6. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    Corsair indeed has a very strong presence in the PSU market, but competition always makes things better for us consumers :)
  7. Emperor_Piehead

Thanks Received:
    I think Corsair dominates the market because people don't know that much about other psu vendors and don't bother to look far for info on different PSU brands. Right now my list is (Antec, Be Quiet!, Corsair, EVGA, FSP, NZXT, Seasonic, Silverstone, and XFX) I've seen people credit seasonic and then bash on XFX in the same comment. *facepalms*
  8. bim27142

bim27142

Thanks Received:
    I've been using this PSU for more than 2 years now and so far I have no issues with it (knock on wood)...
  9. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    I just want to say that I love TPU's PSU tests, they have everything I need to know. That is all.
    crmaris says thanks.