1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sitecom X4 N300 WLR 4100 WIFI problem

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by technicks, Feb 2, 2014.

1. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Ok. Update. Today i received a replacement router. Isp was also convinced it was fubar. So in a good mood i connected the router, logged in the router, updated the firmware and bricked the POS!!! What the hell! :)

This new isp is giving me a headache. Spend another 20min on the phone calling the helpdesk. Though the guy was really cool and is sending me router nr 3 asap, i really am fed up with this Telfort company. In my 8 years with previous isp i never had so many problems.

Hope the new one will work like it should. But i ain't touching nothing on it, that's for sure. :D
  2. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    What crapola luck! I hope the next one works out!:lovetpu:
    technicks says thanks.
  3. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Yeah thanks, hope so to. :)
    Fiddling with the ''bricked'' one now. It's kinda semi bricked it seems. I can use the internet but the WAN light is off and i am not able to log into the routers webpage. Very strange.
    I downloaded a couple of programs TFTP2, IPscan and Wireshark to see if i can reflash it with TFP2. IPscan gave me this IP for the router 141.105.9.244.
    How it managed to give itself this address is a mystery to me but i read that if you get an ip that there is hope.
    So i tried to ping it and it had response. But if i put this ip in the TFP2 program to try and reflash the firmware on startup it says network error.
    I'm not the best at these thing's so i think i will give it a rest and wait for the new router to come in. But if anyone else has some ideas about unbricking it, then i gladly hear it.
  4. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Well i got another router. Same bs as with the first one. I'm SOL. Helpdesk is baffled. Don't know what to do anymore. :(
  5. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    I may have found something. I don't know if i was blind looking at the previous router pages but at the DHCP settings i found a ''auto ip change'' setting i turned it off and after a few minutes it did not crash again.
    Pleaseeee stay working. :peace::lovetpu:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  6. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    It's still working. Phew. Pretty rediculous that i had to find this out myself and that none of the helpdesk people were able to figure this out. Anyway thanks for helping!