1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Size Check - 2900PRO 1GB DDR4

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Mediocre, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Oliver_FF

Oliver_FF New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think you'll find it means it pulls 76amps at the Vcore, just over 1v, so somewhere in the region of 75-100watts

2. Mediocre

Mediocre New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not too worried about power draw, the 'rail fusion' light doesn't go on now, so I still have the ability to combine 2 (or more) rails to get the amps I need...pretty sure I've got nothing on the fourth rail right now....gotta find (or mod) an 8-pin power plug though.

3. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Ahhhh, that makes much more sense now. I believe vGPU is 1.2v, so that would be roughly 64W. Much more reasonable. lol.

4. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually mate... that cooler is better... the 12 inch cooler is far more superior in comparison to the 9 inch one, thanks to the monstrous copper cooling. That cooler WILL do better than the thermalright solutions solely on the fact that its massive. Yeah something is a bit odd... why is the 12 inch one shorter in PCB length?

5. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cool, the 12inch one looks like it comes with a carrying handle.

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

Your PSU was not even out when i got mine ;). But anyways mines 2 weak to power it correctly all though it was got for a 7800GT.

HEHE a new one fat chance of that just cannot afford it :(. BUT still enjoying all my games maxed out.

BTW according to ATI Tool the voltage is 1.2v for the GPU and the memory 2.2v.

And no offence taken :).