1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

sleep

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by TNTTNT, Jul 14, 2009.

1. TNTTNT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I have built a system for what seems a while back now. Was in the process of building a second less powerful one, when got a small issue with the first.

The systems won't shut down after waking from sleep, and sometimes goes to Blue Screen. I have updated Vista 64 to SP2 and updated graphics driver, but no fix.

I am wondering it is the bios, as I have read the bios has a part in the sleep process. The mobo is a Gigabyte UD5. Are mobo's bios commonly connected in this type of problem?

2. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    The BIOS can definitely be the issue. See if there is an update, check changelog.

3. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    hes right the [ast 4 bios updates for my board have been S3 sleep state fixes.

4. TNTTNT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Guy. I updated Bios, Chipset, Lan Driver and Audio driver. Between them this may have fixed the issue. I need to leave it for a few days and monitor.

One thing, when I had to keep restarting the machine after each driver update I noticed that the two DVD rom drives weren't always detected. These are connected to the GSATA posts and about 20% of the time the bios only picked up the Sony drive, and the other 80% both the Sony and LG drives were correctly picked up in the boot by the GSATA controller.

Any of you guys heard of this? It is really wierd as it happens randomly and early in the boot before windows even thinks of starting.