1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sleeving Sata Power Cable Trouble

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Midnite8, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Midnite8

Thanks Received:
    I am having trouble taking apart the sata power cable, I don't know what to do after removing the little plastic cover. How did they get the little part in lower left of the picture?
    [​IMG]
  2. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    what exactly do you want to do?
  3. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
  4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    Ohhkay..

the little part on the lower left is the actual connector jack, the jack is connected to the wires in a similar way as the wire is connected to your RJ-45 LAN/ ethernet jack.

this is done, i think with a crimping tool and may not be reversible. however you may try to pull the wires out of the "lower left thing", with brute force( bad luck if its glued).
  5. Midnite8

Thanks Received:
    Also, I'm sleeving my 24-pin right now and there are 2 pins that have 2 wires adjoined... I can't sleeve them both because they are tangled with the other wires and you can't untangle them without un-adjoining them.
  6. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
  7. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    all you do is pop the back cover off, and pukll the connector off the wires, use a small flat heat screwdriver (really small) be carefull you dont break the cover some re more fragile then others. thats it. just remember which way your power connector was oriented though. your 24pin you have to take all the other wires out one by on and untangle them like that and do the ones with 2 last. what psu is it??? corair?? thats how I did mine anyways