• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

sli gtx 970 display problems

Mr.Bison

Hi members. I have this odd problem I can't quite work out. Tried to dig for some solutions with no luck. I got 2 cards installed on Wednesday and everything went fine. Updated all drivers for gpu, motherboard, and bios. I even rolled back one driver for the gpu. Sli appears to be working when I bench it or play a game. Both cards are recognized. The problem is when I turn the monitor off for over a minute either logged in or not into Windows 7 I can't get a signal between the 2. Basically monitor tells me no input. When I disabled sli everything works as it should. Only way to get an input back to the monitor is restarting it. I have tried display port dvi and hdmi all same problem. Why would turning the monitor off cause my input to stop? Thanks for any input

System Name The Super Proton Synchrotron
Processor Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard EVGA X99 Classified Motherboard
Cooling EK KIT X360 Water Cooling (Modded)
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws F4-3400C16Q-16GRKD 16GB DDR4 3400 MHz
Video Card(s) 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Hydro Copper 6GB in SLI
Storage Intel 750 Series 1.2TB SSD PCI-Express
Display(s) LG 31MU97 31in Widescreen Cinema 4K IPS Monitor
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Black Red Edition
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX II Sound Card hooked up to a Swan M20 5.1 Multimedia Speaker Sys
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Platinum 1600W Power Supply
Mouse Saitek Cyborg R.A.T. 9 Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry Red
Software Windows 8.1 64 Bit Pro
Benchmark Scores 1,000,000,000
:clap:
Hi members. I have this odd problem I can't quite work out. Tried to dig for some solutions with no luck. I got 2 cards installed on Wednesday and everything went fine. Updated all drivers for gpu, motherboard, and bios. I even rolled back one driver for the gpu. Sli appears to be working when I bench it or play a game. Both cards are recognized. The problem is when I turn the monitor off for over a minute either logged in or not into Windows 7 I can't get a signal between the 2. Basically monitor tells me no input. When I disabled sli everything works as it should. Only way to get an input back to the monitor is restarting it. I have tried display port dvi and hdmi all same problem. Why would turning the monitor off cause my input to stop? Thanks for any input

Hi there,

The signal problem is known to Nvidia software engineers and a hotfix was released today ( under NVidia's new "proposed hotfix driver release schedule" ). You can find the new hotfix driver here http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3607
I can confirm this hotfix also applies to the GTX 970 series.

It has fixed my lost signal over Display Port during cold boots. It has also fixed signal loss when restoring my PC from sleep mode. I'm also running gtx 970 SLI. Give it a try !

For the official announcement of the proposed hotfix driver schedule you can read more about it on the Nvidia fourms here https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-344-80/

Last edited:

Mr.Bison

:clap:

Hi there,

The signal problem is known to Nvidia software engineers and a hotfix was released today ( under NVidia's new "hotfix driver release schedule" ). You can find the new hotfix drivers here http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3607
I can confirm this hotfix also applies to the GTX 970 series.

It has fixed my lost signal over Display Port during cold boots. It has also fixed signal loss when restoring my PC from sleep mode. I'm also running gtx 970 SLI. Give it a try !

Hi. Thanks for link. I was thinking about beta drivers but thought it was too early since they released an official one a few days. Guess I should always check that. Seems so far that with the beta driver my problem is gone. Thank you