1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI problem

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by demonbrawn, Jun 29, 2007.

1. demonbrawn

demonbrawn New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if I'm having a problem or if I'm just a noob, but I have 2 8600GTS cards installed and the bridge connected and everything, but I can't find the 2nd card in any program, be it ATItool or nTune or whatever. I have reseated the second card, made sure power is connected and all seems to be hooked up correctly. Is there a specific way to install the bridge? I never have before and I didn't think you could do it backwards, but I don't know. Also, the nVidia software popped up a bubble on my desktop that said something like "Your system is SLI-capable. Would you like to enable SLI?" I selected yes and now SLI is enabled, I just can't find the second card. The whole reason I want to find it is to overclock it and monitor its temperatures...

2. hv43082

Thanks Received:
    Try to install Ntune and nvidia monitor. The should show 2 vid cards.

3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I wouldnt install Ntune if You promissed me a whole new system....lol

Everest shows both cards on mine in the GPU section! also shows both temps in the sensors section

demonbrawn says thanks.
  4. Lt_JWS

Lt_JWS

Thanks Received:
    do your scores go up with two cards? Besides... whatever clock you set for the first card will be set on the second... you cant overclock the cards individually.

demonbrawn says thanks.
  5. demonbrawn

demonbrawn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh really? With my ATI Radeon cards I could, that's why I was confused. Well, I guess that answers my question.