1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by anatolymik, Jan 18, 2012.

1. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Yep! Would like to see the modded 306.97 drivers which are the latest official drivers.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  2. Ouije New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, it would be awesome , i'll receive a 660ti soon and already have a gtx 690 ! and 660ti is not supported by 301.42 drivers :(
  3. socalx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd like to see the modded beta's for win7. They are pretty nice for me right now. But def would like to see 306 for win8 as I'm having problems with 310s in win8.
  4. Sanatar New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a 660ti and 560ti, it would be interesting to try SLI between Fermi and Kepler.

So the drivers look forward to.
  5. kscott190 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i guess this is a dead thread
    Haven't heard from the guy
  6. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Na, sometimes it takes him a few days to respond. I am sure there is still enough interest for him to update things.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  7. socalx New Member

Thanks Received:
    He just responded last week so he is definitely monitoring this thread.

-D
  8. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Not dead, he is developing in his free time, you can hardly expect next day results...If i were him, i'd set up a donation page.
    HossHuge says thanks.
  9. Tirenz New Member

Thanks Received:
    All X7200 owners who are upgrading to GTX 680m... :D
    All about that here:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/sag...i-gtx-680m-how-works-impressions-benches.html
    At this point Hyper SLI + different SLI Hack + make the driver believe the GTX 680m is a GTX 580m is the only way to get it to work... but very stable...
    But the 301.42 is little bit outdated and doesn´t support the GTX 6XX series...
    Any help would be appreciate, would like to donate something, too!
  10. cowie

Thanks Received:
    I would help test with 680 670 660's if you are nice enough to make it :) :D
  11. stanke New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would like to see also the new drivers. Just got 660nvidia and I would really like to SLI it with my old 280 oc.

Please if possible make the new drivers.
    Thank you very very much
  12. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    thats not gonna work at all. DX10 to DX11 compatability isn't very good, you'll likely end up with a BSOD everytime you switch to SLI, please read the previous comments as it give quite a good gauge of compatability
  13. hastyboomalert New Member

Thanks Received:
    Works great even without an SLI bridge on my GTX 580 and GTX 570. Significant improvement in Unigine bench, gonna post 3dmark results in a sec... OP if you would set up a paypal donation system I'd gladly donate

edit: 3dmark being weird, says benchmark results are corrupted, but heres the Unigine 2.5 results WITHOUT SLI BRIDGE (I pick 2.5 because there are more benchmark results for 2.5 floating around on the net to compare to)

I figure theres gotta be some other people out there who have 2 different cards like me but dont have an SLI bridge so this bench result should be useful to them....

[​IMG]

According to the net, average GTX 580 SLI scores range from 2300-2700.. average GTX 570 SLI scores range from 2000-2400. So I am happy with the results I got without an SLI bridge, though I am eager to see the improvement when the SLI bridge I ordered arrives on Tuesday.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    THE_EGG says thanks.
  14. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Dayum, that's a good score mate. I have to try this again in the christmas holidays. I have a 580 and a 570 as well, so I'll see if I can match your scores :D
  15. Coldmud New Member

Thanks Received:
    So has anybody gotten this to work with gtx690 tri-sli'd with gtx670/680?
  16. hastyboomalert New Member

Thanks Received:
    My only qualm thus far is I have to reinstall the official drivers and reapply the patch every time my computer restarts, but hey, I'm not complaining for free awesomeness.

Also, my SLI bridge arrived, and surprisingly, it made nearly no difference in the Unigine 2.5 bench. Considering that the score I got without the bridge is in the range of other gtx 570 sli and 580 sli results, I guess the cards are doing all the communicating they need just through the pci e bus and mobo.
  17. Coldmud New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can you please setup a donation page so we can pay you for doing this amazing code?
  18. ThorAxe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm intrigued to see how SLI with a GTX 680 and GTX 570 would perform. :)
  19. Slizzo

Slizzo

Thanks Received:
    Different architectures, won't work (Kepler vs. Fermi). It will blue screen.
  20. Nathil New Member

Thanks Received:
    What exactly is the difference between hyperSLI and this mod?
    If you got 2 of the same gpu`s but no SLI motherboard, why not just use this mod instead of
    having a second program.
  21. anatolymik

anatolymik

Thanks Received:
    i think i'll have time next weekend to make new mod...
    Coldmud, Tirenz, Maban and 1 other person say thanks.
  22. Nathil New Member

Thanks Received:
    Be sure to put up a donate button to :)
    This mod is awesome.. :rockout:
  23. Tirenz New Member

Thanks Received:
    That sounds great! Will be interesting if the GTX 680m SLI will improve with newer driver and without tricking it to 580m!
  24. Coldmud New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I tried with gtx690 and gtx670 4gb and it doesnt work! I still need to test with an adequate sli bridge, cause I hacked a tri sli board because its all I had atm and it doesnt fit the gtx690 because it only has 1 sli port. So i broke off the 2 pins but in the control panel there is an error about no sli bridge, so I guess i need to test with single bridge aswell.. Anyway the option is there to tri-sli, however when i press it I get a bluescreen. Also, I use nvsurround with triple screens and the option to tri-sli was only there for maximize 3d on 1 screen. not the span displays setting, maybe you can check this out?
  25. Yimmeryams New Member

Thanks Received:
    HyperSLI is for enabling SLI on motherboards that are not officially Nvidia SLI certified, but otherwise have the capability.

SLI with different cards (this thread) is for enabling SLI in situations where there are different graphics cards, and SLI would not normally be possible with the different cards. It works with cards of the same general architecture.

So, HyperSLI would be used if you have a mobo that supports Crossfire, but isn't SLI certified.

SLI with different cards would be used if you have an SLI-certified mobo and want to SLI, say, a GTX 480 and a GTX 560 Ti.

Both would be used if you don't have an SLI-certified mobo and also have different cards.

EDIT: In the situation you described (non-SLI mobo, 2 identical GPUs) the person should use HyperSLI.

EDIT2: I have learned that the situation you described in the quoted post is not the actual situation you have. I don't know if it's due to poor wording or poor interpretation. I will do my best to explain the differences between HyperSLI and "SLI with different cards" as best I can, in light of this new information.

So, according to my knowledge, you have an X7200 laptop. This laptop already has an SLI-certified motherboard, which is why HyperSLI doesn't do anything for you. HyperSLI only emulates SLI certification; it does not do anything to make the "Manage SLI" or "Enable SLI" option appear.

"SLI with different cards" does make that button appear, which is why it helps you in your situation. The problem with SLI not showing up with your newer GPUs is not an issue with SLI certification.

So, revised and simpler explanations:

HyperSLI: emulates SLI certification on motherboards that are not officially SLI-certified.

"SLI with different cards": makes the "Manage SLI" option show up in situations in which it would not normally appear
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012