• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

trscho

Eagerly awaiting updates. :banghead: sli so close but so far away.

All the locations can't be found.

trscho

I tried it but when I flipped to SLI it breaks the nvidia drivers. Is there a solution? I think its a VRAM mismatch issue. (2x 460, one 1g one 768mb)

jakub2305

i have the same problem with "Please extract everything from the package including the contents of the tools folder." I tried to solved it with that administrator cmd prompt but it writes it again, i have 64-bit system and two gtx 760 . i reinstalled windows now and had no problems with this slipatch and install.cmd before , but i also instaled this new patch 347.09 after reinstaling windows so that can be problem

I solved it with disabling user account control (so stupid), it works perfectly now. thanks

Last edited:

Thorgs

In the case someone got problems after reinstall the Drivers or Patch.

Look in your Windows Hardware-Manager if all Cards are shown.

If not.

Unplug your SLI-Brige and look in your Hardware-Manager under "System Devices" for "PCI Standart-PCI-to-PCI-Bride" and uninstall all and only them not any other Hardware!

Then reboot. After you rebooted just look if all Cards are in the List.

Then Install the Patch and SLI-Brige and reboot.

MrMiniBeast

In the case someone got problems after reinstall the Drivers or Patch.

Look in your Windows Hardware-Manager if all Cards are shown.

If not.

Unplug your SLI-Brige and look in your Hardware-Manager under "System Devices" for "PCI Standart-PCI-to-PCI-Bride" and uninstall all and only them not any other Hardware!

Then reboot. After you rebooted just look if all Cards are in the List.

Then Install the Patch and SLI-Brige and reboot.

Thanks dude, this finally brought my second card up in device manager.

However, I still need to fix the "Patch 3" error.

Sasin2k11

Hey Ember the Pre-patched file works perfect for me many thanks bro.
Um if your gonna make a DifferentSLIAuto1.3 version could you make it that it does the Admin cd thing for us automatically I see you always telling users how to do it but I myself don't even know how to I can bring up the Admin cmd but how I run things I really don't know its really sad to say that or even give a step by step what to type to that command would be awesome thanks again.

Lezari

...hey guy´s im trying use in a GTX660TI+GTX660 and get this sms...Driver 347.09...Windows 8.1...

Captura.JPG

Lezari

...GTX660TI+GTX660...Driver 347.09...

...ok finally i run the Install.cmd...all work find i get the SLI option config but when i try turn it on, the windows 8.1 Crash...that mean dont work?? or have some solution...

Iosephus

I downloaded the prepatched 340.09 file, and ran install.cmd, but after reboot Nvidia control panel only has option for Stereoscopic 3D, any suggestions?

djm67

@LordMoldieWart If you open an administrator cmd prompt and cd to the directory DifferentSLIAuto is in and run Install.cmd from that prompt it will run fine.

@Ember

I cannot get the install.cmd to work.

I just keep getting an error message 'please run this as an administrator'

UAC is off, account is an admin, tried running the link normally, then by using the run as an admin option, also tried running it from a prompt screen.

Running Windows 10 Tech preview OS.

tojeivan

Hello,

just registered here to share my experiance with Different SLI, hopefully will help someone.

My RIG is AMD Phenom II X6, ASUS mobo M4A89GTD PRO/USB 3 (source of my problems) and two NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460 (Zotac AMP), OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

First I downloaded version DifferentSLIAuto1.1. and tried the instructions but it didn't work. One of the errors was as above from Chris. I realized second GPU was never recognized in Device manager and of course it COULD NOT WORK. So first check you have two cards recognized. After many failed tries I found out that the Mobo BIOS has a bug and will not recognize a second GPU and there was a BIOS update for this error specifically on ASUS site. Updated the BIOS to latest version with ASUS Update, and the sistem found eventually a second GPU card and installed the drivers for it. Latest NVIDIA drivers 347.09 at this moment. Put a SLI bridge on cards. Downloaded the pre-patched file from Ember two pages before and put it in DifferentSLI folder, logged in as Admin, disabled UAC and run Install CMD. It was OK and everything was green, and restarted, run Nvidia Control Panel and on the menu there was Set SLI and Physx option finally! Turned it ON and SLI was enabled. Now I will run the 3DMark test hopefully to see increase from before.

In my case biggest problem was motherboard BIOS that would not recognize at all second GPU, DifferentSLI install was a piece of cake.

Warning in Tools folder of differentSLI a file checksum.exe was recognized from AVG and AVAST antivirus as backdoor trojan, after installing patch the file was gone!? I just hope it was false alarm and someone won't use our need for better and faster games to install a malware. I will check the PC again against it.

djm67

So now it is letting me run the program as an admin, but I get this message:

You guys seem to be having issues yeah the patch and install.cmd don't work...

This is a proven solution that works way better... you need to pop the modded 347.09 win7 x64 nvlddmkm.sy_ into your nvidia display driver folder before installing... basically extract your nvidia install or navigate to c:\nvidia\ and find the "DISPLAY DRIVER" folder. Paste the nvlddmkm.sy_ in there it has to be sy_ because that's the way the nvidia installer requires it to be.

Then prior to installing the driver just open dseo "Driver Signature Enforcement Over-rider" and sign a system file which is the nvlddmkm.sy_ located at ---------- c:\NVIDIA\347.09-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql\Display.Driver\nvlddmkm.sy_ ---------- Click OK and SUCCESSFULLY SIGNED THE DRIVER. Then Enable Test Mode and then Install the Driver. It'll ask "Are You Sure You Want To Install This Driver"? CLICK YES. SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED --- RESTART -- DONE.

This applies to all future releases if the patcher would work even at all......?!? Can someone explain how they even managed to patch the 347.09 nvlddmkm.sys?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/exxhnk5zr595cg5/34709_WIN7x64_HOW TO DIFFERENTSLIAUTO.rar

Last edited:

tojeivan

With 2 cards of the same type, I would surmise that you actually didn't need this program.

You probably only needed the motherboard patch.

Then you would be wrong, because this mobo does not support Nvidia SLI, only ATI Crossfire, but DifferentSLI made it work.

Just an update the 3dMark shows almost exactly double the graphics score.

djm67

Then you would be wrong, because this mobo does not support Nvidia SLI, only ATI Crossfire, but DifferentSLI made it work.

Just an update the 3dMark shows almost exactly double the graphics score.

So a software patch for a graphic driver overcome a motherboard issue, the motherboard patch did nothing?

VAND3R

I see multiple people here with the problem of a driver crash when sli is enabled in nvidia control panel, myself included, does anybody know how to fix this?
thanks!

djm67

I see multiple people here with the problem of a driver crash when sli is enabled in nvidia control panel, myself included, does anybody know how to fix this?
thanks!

Official nvidia support.

Instead of the greedy pricks forcing us to buy new cards.

thanks!
I have exactly the same problem with two different vram size 760 cards, but I found a way to resolve it:
  1. Change OS to Windows 7
  2. Use latest driver 347.09
  3. Connect the monitor to the card which has fewer memory
I haven't use this program yet, just used the coolbits (set in register with value 18), it worked well in Windows 7 64bit.
It spend more than 30 seconds during enabling SLI in console panel and I want to try this program in Windows 8.

Last edited:

VAND3R

I have exactly the same problem with two different vram size 760 cards, but I found a way to resolve it:
I haven't use this program yet, just used the coolbits (set in register with value 18), it worked well in Windows 7 64bit.
It spend more than 30 seconds during enabling SLI in console panel and I want to try this program in Windows 8.

okay well I don't have mismatched vram but maybe it has something to do with my multimonitor set up;
I tryed in both win 7 and 8.1, i guess i should try with only one monitor and also with the monitors plugged into the other card;
i tested with a whole bunch of drivers and the same thing happened, but i will have to try the 347.09 with everything i put above.

Thanks man, I will be posting back to share my results.

VAND3R

okay guess what!
I didn't get the driver crash when i plugged in only one monitor and also switched the output from the 670 to the 660ti.
now i feel kinda stupid though because i changed two variables at once and now i don't know what fixed it soooo.....
but thanks!

djm67

You guys seem to be having issues yeah the patch and install.cmd don't work...

This is a proven solution that works way better... you need to pop the modded 347.09 win7 x64 nvlddmkm.sy_ into your nvidia display driver folder before installing... basically extract your nvidia install or navigate to c:\nvidia\ and find the "DISPLAY DRIVER" folder. Paste the nvlddmkm.sy_ in there it has to be sy_ because that's the way the nvidia installer requires it to be.

Then prior to installing the driver just open dseo "Driver Signature Enforcement Over-rider" and sign a system file which is the nvlddmkm.sy_ located at ---------- c:\NVIDIA\347.09-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql\Display.Driver\nvlddmkm.sy_ ---------- Click OK and SUCCESSFULLY SIGNED THE DRIVER. Then Enable Test Mode and then Install the Driver. It'll ask "Are You Sure You Want To Install This Driver"? CLICK YES. SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED --- RESTART -- DONE.

This applies to all future releases if the patcher would work even at all......?!? Can someone explain how they even managed to patch the 347.09 nvlddmkm.sys?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/exxhnk5zr595cg5/34709_WIN7x64_HOW TO DIFFERENTSLIAUTO.rar

Tried your method, but Windows (10) will not accept the driver signing so will not run them as nVidia cards, just as basic display adapters.