• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

arsz

Just signed up with Techpowerup to say Thanks. DifferentSliAuto 1.2 worked with my Maximums Extreme x38 and 2 gtx580's with Windows 8.1. I did make several efforts at making it work with the new Windows 10 Evaluation build but no good. I was just curious. Thanks Again, great forum.

extrooper

This just made my P8Z77-V LX work in SLI! Thank you so much, I thought I would have to fork out to get a new motherboard! You sir, you have my gratitude.

Btw, 1.2 is working perfectly with the latest nVidia drivers.

Last edited:

djm67

I did make several efforts at making it work with the new Windows 10 Evaluation build but no good.

I wonder if most of my problems are because I am using Windows 10 Technical Preview........

Tried your method, but Windows (10) will not accept the driver signing so will not run them as nVidia cards, just as basic display adapters.

Yeah I'd definitely run Windows 7 X64 sp1 over Windows 8 or 8.1 any day bud.

Install Windows 7 x64 sp1 go to basic windows looking mode, not the "Pretty" mode. Then perform far better for processing power to gpu power. It uses less ram which puts it to use where it needs it.

Anyway it just has to do with Windows 8.1's completely different way of doing driver signing.

Did you sign the driver correctly prior to installing?

Use DDU to uninstall in safe mode. Restart ---detect new hardware --- restart again --- put modded 347.09 nvlddmkm.sy_ in the display driver folder of the nvidia folder prior to installing 347.09 x64--- then open DSEO --- Sign a system file--- type in the correct path of where your nvidia display driver folder is in C:\NVIDIA\Display.Driver\ I believe --verify directory location yourself --- enter directory into "Sign a System File" C:\nvidia\display.driver\nvlddmkm.sy_ --Enter--- Signed successfully --- --- Now enable Test Mode ---- Now install the driver --- it'll ask in a big red box "Are You Sure?" something like that click "Yes Install The Dang Thing Already" lol ---- Make sure the stupid Windows User Account Control is DISABLED to holy heck --- it shouldn't be enabled ever --- Everyone ---- Take Windows User Account control out back --- And put IT DOWN ----- Continue ---- Finish Install and Restart. As long as Windows isn't being a b-i-t-c-h today it will work. Otherwise if you think it's gonna F-UP again during your restart after installing just to Guarantee it will work ---Press F8 before windows loads --- Disable Driver Signing Enforcement --- If it works great!

If it doesn't work then DDU again in safemode.. then restart --- detect new hardware --- restart again ---- then after that 2nd reboot press F8 - - - disable driver signing enforcement --- Load in pop the modded nvlddmkm.sy_ in the Display.driver folder... Install as usual... Click Yes I want to install then restart. Then again Press F8 to disable driver signing enforcement prior to booting to windows after installing modded nvlddmkm.sy_ 347.09 x64. From now on every single time you restart you must press F8 to Disable Driver Signing on Windows 8.1. If you miss hitting f8 it'll F-It-All-Up so never forget if you wanna stick with Windows 8 or 8.1.

Windows 8.1 Driver Signing needs to be completely figured out first and every method never usually works so if it still doesn't work go with Windows 7 x64 sp1.

Last edited:

maranzag

I'm just try to Multi-SLI it, EVGA 590 Classified + GTX 580.
In facts, DifferentSLI not work, the SLI is available only for 590's GPUs, 580 still not considered in SLI, for now.
590 have only Quad SLI capability, so this mean that can't be 3-way SLI, But DifferentSLI enables only SLI, or is the same 4-3-SLI?

Is there any way we can sli an agp 6200 256mb with a pci 6200 256mb? Apparently sli is possible on an old driver like 29x.xx ?

I have this dell gx260 sff that would be neat to sli dual 6200's hahaha --- low profile cards.

The Gx260 has only two slots an agp and pci slot.

Thanks

@Ember --- Cool! It's funny the agp bus has a little over 1GB/s and the PCI slot has 133MB/s so idk what will happen. Maybe I could pull 30fps rather than 20fps idk lmao

Just for fun :D

The board has 2 pci slots but one is covered by the psu. Someone is selling x2 6200 256mb pci cards ... I may remove the psu and set it outside to test 3-way sli geforce 6200's ... thats 768mb ... 64-bit x3 192-bit... lol

Last edited:

maranzag

.... just before to sale my 580 (to buy another 590....) some little more tries.

1.the ASRock Z87 ext6 is an "Quad SLI and SLI" enabled MB, so the problem I don't think is in the mobo, in except of a "strange" power slot: it is NOT named in the Section Manual for SLI Install/configuration, but is named in mobo diagram as "SLI/XFIRE Power Connector" and it is a normal 4-cable-slot for old HDs.

2.If cards that have only 4-Way SLI enabled is not possible to link with any SLI-Only enabled ones, is not usefull to try older drivers (for eg. 320 modded)? And exactly, in what are these modifications related? they bypass the "Model" check? or force a flag to be enabled?

3.Where is the log, if available, where I can check if there is any debug/usefull information?

f00d4tehg0dz

Just wanted to add for DifferentSLIAuto 1.2
on line: 23
I had to add " " on %USERNAME% because my username is my full name. So it wasn't reading my entire name and thus the nvlddmkm.sys wasn't moving back correctly.

Here is the line:
Code:
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\icacls.exe" "%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys" /grant "%USERNAME%":f

hope this helps anyone.

TSeng

Howdy folks!

My very first post on TechPowerUp here and of course I'm begging for help..

First off, let me say thank you to Anatolymik, Ember, Fourstaff and newconroer for creating such a useful tool and also to everyone else here who is doing their best to help clueless people like myself - you guys are awesome, and the reason the internet is such a wonderful place.

And now.. I currently own an MSI 780 6GB card, very, very few where made from what I can tell so I've been unable to get a matching pair - so I bit the bullet and managed to pick up a second 780 for very little in comparison - however this bargain card is only the 3GB model.

Of course I didn't realise at the time Nvidia SLI no longer worked with cards of different VRAM sizes and this has led me on my quest here to you fine people.

As you can see not only are the VRAM sizes different, but also the Device ID's, Bios and according to the latest version of GPUZ - the CUDA and DirectCompute 5.0 boxes don't match either.

I'm currently running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and upon trying DifferentSLIAuto I'm afraid I still can't get the SLI menu to appear in the Nvidia Control Panel...

I have three monitors all connected to the top, 6GB card (Portrait, Landscape, Portrait) - and running DifferentSLIAuto did result in my monitor priorities and rotations going to hell so "something" worked, but not the SLI menu..

I've seen a few helpful members offer a step by step guide however it made my brain start to go fuzzy, would it be possible for someone to give me a dumbed down version of the idiots guide to installation?

Thank you for all your efforts on the thread so far - I'm hoping I don't have to sell this second 780, the 6GB versions are far and few between :(

Sad but hopeful - `TSeng

Last edited:
First of all awsome forums!
Thx

I tried it but when I flipped to SLI it breaks the nvidia drivers. Is there a solution? I think its a VRAM mismatch issue. (2x 460, one 1g one 768mb)

I got this exact problem, after this i tried to change the cards from slot, so now the evga is maincard with the monitor 768mb,
It now sellects a resolution of 1280 ?? and freezes the controlpanel.
I then have to remove the nvidia drivers in save mode and the patch. then it works again but no sli option anymore.

Can someone please tell the right steps?

I also want to know wich card i should use as the main one.

My setup

http://valid.canardpc.com/fa1xc0

*Edit*

Exact cards
http://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=1BB4461B-D8CB-4FEB-98C2-F3097FEC130E

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/ENGTX460_DirectCU_TOP2DI768MD5/specifications/

Last edited:

Sasin2k11

Its simple guys it wont work as to be the same VRAM on car d same device ID its just wont work sorry to say but there is no going around that only ATI/AMD allows that sorta mismatch.

First of all awsome forums!
Thx

I got this exact problem, after this i tried to change the cards from slot, so now the evga is maincard with the monitor 768mb,
It now sellects a resolution of 1280 ?? and freezes the controlpanel.
I then have to remove the nvidia drivers in save mode and the patch. then it works again but no sli option anymore.

Can someone please tell the right steps?

I also want to know wich card i should use as the main one.

My setup

http://valid.canardpc.com/fa1xc0

*Edit*

Exact cards
http://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=1BB4461B-D8CB-4FEB-98C2-F3097FEC130E

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/ENGTX460_DirectCU_TOP2DI768MD5/specifications/

So are trying to sli the 768mb version with the 1024mb version 460?

I could help you get them working better together if your having issues?

I have modded the bios on your gpu's. It's ideal to keep your Sub Vendor ID's in the Bios the same and keep the Sub System ID's closely the same as well. I even synced up both cards to precisely the same voltages and clocks, so they will switch together in harmony lol

Both cards clocked at 810Mhz-1620Mhz Shader-1800Mhz memory at 0.950v 3d/ 3d low speed & 0.825v 2D/ and Mid-speed 2d. This gives excellent gaming performance and excellent power savings at idle and under 3d load to take it easier on your power supply.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5f7myf0m1woxcba/460 MISS-MATCH BIOS MODDING.rar

Last edited:
OMG i love you, where can i donate my sperm :), gonna test it and let you know soon.

I cant get Nibitor to work, I am a total dos fail for nvflash, i have green button but no way to change anything.

It says cant start driver 577
I guess im to dumb for this stuff.

I cant get Nibitor to work, I am a total dos fail for nvflash, i have green button but no way to change anything.

It says cant start driver 577
I guess im to dumb for this stuff.

LOL Your welcome.

Is anyone else having extremely slow MEDIAFIRE downloads?

Don't worry about using Nibitor, it's for modding only.

You need to flash new modded bios using NVFLASH in MS-DOS.

You will need a USB Flash Drive that you can wipe and Install MS-DOS boot disk on it.

Once you install MS-DOS on it, then you copy nvflash.exe, cwsdpmi.exe, EVGA768.rom and 1024.rom to the ROOT DIRECTORY of your USB FLASH DRIVE.

Restart your computer and BOOT to the USB Flash Drive.

type : nvflash evga768.rom (PRESS ENTER)
PRESS (Y)

If it errors because we are flashing the EVGA to the ASUS card type : nvflash -4 -5 -6 evga768.rom (PRESS ENTER)
PRESS (Y)

Now type : nvflash 1024.rom (PRESS ENTER)
PRESS (Y)

DONE.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h...rmi+BIOS+guide.rar#39;s_+Fermi_BIOS_guide.rar

Last edited:
Yeah the patcher works fine I was dumb and missed the most obvious step u must first install then copy the "installed" nvlddmkm.sys lol

What's the word on 6-way SLI? Say I had x3 GTX 460 2Win's? x6 GTX 460 cores.... Or x3 GTX 590 --- x6 gpu cores...

Thanks

laracroft225

Can anybody help me why the install.cmd says with yellow text ''please run this as administrator!'' ???

first I copied the nvlddmkm.sys file from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ to DifferentSLIAuto1.2 folder and run DifferentSLIAuto.exe
i get this message, but I think it was very succeed patched but I am not 100% sure thats why I put screenshot on bottom.

upload_2015-2-14_2-8-28.png

Then I run install.cmd but get this yellow message ''please run this as administrator!'' ?????

upload_2015-2-14_2-15-21.png

I don't understand what I do wrong, because I am already administrator?

- I am already administrator I've create another administrator account get this same yellow message.
- I run command in cmd ''Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON'' set testsigning on but it doesn't help.
- I using windows 8.1 with latest updates.
- Sli bridge is connected
- 670 dual gpu with asus 790fx crossfire motherboard
- I am not using any antivirus!

I hope techpowerup make a tool that is a lot more easier with a .exe automatic installer like hypersli or something like that.