1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Slow planning of watercooling -550d

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by james888, Nov 2, 2012.

1. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I hear you. It would be a cleaner easier loop. The 360 rad is not the problem. I just don't want anything external. I think I will be moving around a lot pretty soon and it just seems like a hassle to move. I am thinking about even getting a matx board, matx case, and a cooler gpu than a 7970. Maybe a system like this for a matter of convenience in moving it. It runs at about 50c overclocked.
    [​IMG]

Or something like cdawall's htpc pic above. Really just something smaller. I find it funny that mxphenom watercools his rig and wants to go to a bigger case. I begin to watercool mine and I feel like going smaller.

Then again I might change my mind 100 times.

Or this. I like this a lot.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    It had been foretold...

I am now thinking I will mod my case to fit the 240monsta. I am thinking I will get a full cover block for my 7970. Probably an alphacool unless the heatkiller comes back in stock.

I have some questions about fans. I have been looking at gentle typhoons because they are gentle typhoons. But for half the price I could get yate loons or swiftech helix fans which I like the sound of. I am thinking helix too. What do you guys think I should do on fans?

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I could fit a 240mm rad in the top if I remove the top motherboard heatsink. Maybe I could replace that heatsink with another type or a water block there.

The heatsink I am talking about is in the bottom of the picture.
    [​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I could fit this block on there. That plus another rad and fans would be another $100. I think I will avoid that for now and maybe get that eventually. I guess I have an upgrade path.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I got the money now. I could of bought the goods a two weeks ago but I wanted to wait till after the holidays.

Anyways. I am deciding I am going to go with the 240mm monsta which by everything I have read is very similar in performance to the 360x45 rads in performance. I will also be getting the Watercool HEATKILLER gpu full cover block.

Crunching for Team TPU