1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sluggish handling on games

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tjane, Jan 25, 2014.

1. tjane

Thanks Received:
    i have weird question, please help, please read,

i try NFS:Carbon on PS3 it has perfect handling, very quick and responsive, but the frame rates is really bad (i think its 35-40 on crowded, 50-60 when alone) so i decide to play on PC since it would be steady 60 fps..
    when i play NFS:Carbon on PC (with keyboard), i play drift mode, the game runs fine, handling was perfect, very quick and easy drifting with only single turn without brake..
    so i decide to plug joystick, and restart the game..
    then i play drift mode again, handling became very sluggish and slow, feels so goddamn hard to drift..
    so i decide to unplug joystick since handling feels much better with keyboard, but handling still sluggish like playing with joystick...

recently i try on other racing game with joystick, on GRID 2 same thing happen...what is going on man?!
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Are your USB/chipset drivers up to date? What joystick are you using?
  3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse Crazy Dogmatic Bullsh!t!

Thanks Received:
    umm... Im no rocket scientist or brain surgeon for that matter but something tells me that that joystick might be faulty or a really really shit one.

Check the drivers for that joystick if it comes with any - and whatever erocker said cuz hes the man when it comes to usb issues of the heart
  4. tjane

Thanks Received:
    its not joystick issue, because i already tried with xbox 360 controller logitech f510..
  5. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried a reinstall?

Also I used a Xbox 360 controller with Grid 2, have no problems, feels very much like a console! This is on rig #2 in sig.
  6. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Could be you buggered the file that maps the control bindings if you have two control devices plugged in simultaneously. Try deleting the file with the key/button bindings and let the game refresh it. Save and relocate a backup copy of it first. Some games give priority to one preferred control device and don't work well if you have two plugged in at the same time.

That said, faulty and/or poorly made control devices can also draw more amperage than the port they're plugged into can deliver, which can cause problems too.
    tjane says thanks.
  7. tjane

Thanks Received:
    hmm...that make sense, but i dont see anything, what file should i delete man? can it be disabled instead delete?

i already tried booth x360ce and xbox 360 controller itself...no diffrence, its not joystick issue...and i think fragmaniac is right..
  8. webguy09 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried to restart your PC with the joystick unplugged?

Also it could be a driver issue with the joystick.
  9. tjane

Thanks Received:
    i did