1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Smallest m-ATX case?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by CowboyFromHell, Nov 20, 2013.

1. CowboyFromHell

Thanks Received:
    Hi TPU... Cool new look for the forums huh?

Anyway... I have an AMD APU based system I an using for a HTPC and I need a new case for it. I am of course running with the onboard GPU so none of the PCI slots are being used; I was wondering if a slim case that has no PCI slots exists? The motherboard is m-ATX form factor not ITX so I'm not sure if such a case exists. Also I have a regular sized PSU, about 140mm deep.

So yeah... smallest case possible would be??

2. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
  3. CowboyFromHell

Thanks Received:
    I live in Australia. :)

4. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Don't look at that as where to buy, but instead as a list of which cases to look for.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    You probably want a HTPC case, look in that area. Or get a MATX case that is about the right dimensions and cut it apart into a smaller box, then encase in wood or plexiglass. Adding wood to my itx added a cubic inch of volume, but size was less of a concern than looks and cooling power. If you use 1/2" oak plywood and cut out every area of the case that isn't essential (extra drive bays, etc) then mounted the power supply in an open area of it so its all nestled together.