1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Smoking Voids apple warranties!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by THRiLL KiLL, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    or how many years, or how close to the PC...

I said it earlier in the thread, but i knew someone who used the dust filter/intake as an ashtray. it "keeps the smoke out of the room"
  2. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    OMG... =/ That's just stupid... Reminds me of a man who pointed to his CD drive and said to me 'It was sure nice of Packard Bell to include this retractable coffee cup holder'
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, it is. i've also seen many, many systems where they sit their ashtray in front of the PC... right next to the intake vents.

so while many people here can say "i am a smoker, this is not possible!" - you might be a smoker, but it appears you arent a moron like some smokers.
    beyond_amusia says thanks.
  4. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    *tips hat* ty good sir ;-)
  5. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Is Apple offers lifetime warranty? If no, this is just another way for them to rip people off.

They're trying to make jailbreak phone illegal now.

Apple can bite my shiny metal ass.
  6. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Apple is, as was previously state in this thread, a status icon. If, for some reason, you think people need to think you really have money, you will buy an Apple product and flaunt it around like a Prada purse, or if it's an iMac you buy, you will be certain that it's sitting in a well seen place so that all your guests can stare in awe at it's plastic case...

Basically put, I don't blame Apple for voiding the warranty over something trivial like smoking around their crap because if you can afford an Apple product, you can also afford to replace it when it breaks - Hell, they tell their customers that viruses and malware is non-existent for the Mac platform, so why not take further advantage of the idiots that buy these tinker toy machines?
  7. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Apple "might" offer premium products, but that doesn't mean money is paper, their Iphone or iMac are not limited products.

They're selling products that in "mass production", hell rich people is rich people they kept every cent "safely" in their golden and diamond cases.
  8. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    But those armed with credit cards and an illusion of importance, will wave an i(insert latest Apple product here) around just for the attention.
  9. deathbyburk New Member

Thanks Received:
    So here is my experiences. I use to have a crazy party house through high school and college where smoke was more common then fresh air and I CAN 100% assure you cigarette smoke kills all electronics not just computers (especially cigar smoke). I worked at Circuit City at the time and went through several DLP tvs, Gaming systems, surround sounds, computers parts, etc... I couldn't figure out the culprit and assumed it was bad electrical wiring until I got new carpet and furniture and told everyone no more smoking. Wala my video game consoles stop malfunctioning and a power supply lasted longer then 6 months. I asked around and confirmed in the Circuit City network of nerds this was indeed a fact. I also did my own experiments to find out if this was true. I asked many of the people having the "red ring of death" if they smoked around their xboxs and the answer was yes. I KNOW IT STILL HAPPENS SO DONT HAVE A FIT but smoke does cover electronics causing heat its just a fact. Smoke particles are way more hazardous then dust as they can get into smaller areas and in layes is way more dense then dust causing even more heat. Also had several customer Wiis and other systems not as common go bad and the smoke answer was 95% yes. Its not BS I assure you I dont think how people could think putting a fine layer of ash on heat sensitive products could not cause them to malfunction? I'm talking no less then 5-10 smokers in my house at any given time so my case is extreme but just shows you the accelerated effects of what smokeing could do. You smoke up your electronics you get, as I did, what you deserve! Sorry
  10. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Nothing could be further from the truth. Their prices are not higher than any other oem for the features you get, the only exception being their laptops. I have an early Core 2 iMac 20", and no other all-in-one from that era had as much power, or as nice of a screen, for the same amount of money. Sure, I could've spent less on another brand's all-in-one, but the quality was also much lower, especially the display.

It's completely out site of guests in my bedroom, btw. Oh, and the new iMacs are aluminum with a glass front. (Mine is still a white one tho)
  11. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Gotta keep that Mac addiction under wraps... :roll:
  12. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    lol. It's a guilty pleasure. We all have our vices. :roll: