1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sniper Elite 3 Afrika

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Dec 26, 2013.

1. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:

Dat Headshot

manofthem and rooivalk say thanks.
  2. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    already seen -.- dont think people watch only TPU for news...

3. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    I haven't, and haven't seen it posted here...so what's the issue?

4. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    I think the concept was nice, but I never got into the first game. The second one had a demo which I tried, which was very linear. And the bullet cam was very annoying. To top it off, the ballistics were very wrong and I do not like 3rd person shooters too much.

I know this is not as popular as mowing down a bunch of guys in a corridor map, but I would like a more realistic sniper game. Start off from a choice of starting locations like SWAT/old R6, and move into a position to shoot your target. Open map, enemy patrols, ect. If there are guards you would have to avoid them or take them out silently before killing your target. Then you must extract to an area on the map to complete the mission. I would be interested in a sniper game like that.

5. rooivalk

rooivalk

Thanks Received:
    Then this is not a game for you. Sniper Elite is rather arcade not sim but that's the fun for me.

How the bullet cam is annoying? That's the moment when you can relax a bit, see the situation around the bullet/target (this is rather cheat lol), and actually give you sense of achievement. I'm not sure but as far as I remember you can turn bullet cam off.
    I dislike the showing of human organ though (only in sniper elite 2/3), a bit childish like Mortal Kombat-esque.

Anyway, except for choice of starting location and not-always-open-map (sometimes linear and sometimes you can free roam), you can describe Sniper Elite that way (avoid/silent killing/patrol/exfiltration are theme for almost every level). It just people usually don't do silent part and prefer mindless shooting.

6. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Loved the last one, looking forward to this.

7. manofthem

manofthem WCG-TPU Team All-Star!

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for posting, super stoked about this game! I loved SEv2 and really loved both NZAs, so naturally I'm ready for some more sniper action. :D

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Ralfies

Ralfies

Thanks Received:
    I loved the Sniper Elite v2 demo, but never had any interest in the full game. The demo let me do everything I wanted to do - shoot people in the head and watch their brains explode.

9. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    Un-impressed with the Lack of development , atleast development I would have expected them to Show off a bit in a First release trailer(or ANY 4 that matter). What I hated, is without the 4000 mini bullet impact "movies" the game left Me wondering "shouldn't there be more here"? Hopefully It'll surprise Me.

10. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    Don't recall a way to turn it off in the demo, maybe that changed. I might pick it up when it is all on sale with all DLC for $5 or so in the future.

11. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    And that's what comes from judging a game by a demo, it's not always a good sample. You can not only turn off the bullet cam, on Elite mode there's no aiming guide on the crosshair either, so you really have to know how to line up your shots.

It's definitely worth playing, there are several missions where you really have to think about position, timing, and the order in which you take out enemies, or your stealth will be blown. There's also some places where you're up against other snipers that can really test your ability to play it smart or get killed.

They also tacked on some nice "Kill Tally" defense mode maps where you have to take on waves of troops. This is one of the parts of the game that really tests your ability to effectively use the trip mines and such.

12. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    Hm I honestly hate WW2 games so I cant rely too much on my bias but that kill game is sad. the skeletal view is just a little much and while I really liked the last game I am not impressed with the mechanics. viewing some other trailers and gameplay around YT Apparently their is no drop or lead retical which makes it point and click with no bullet drop or wind. I understand its not a sim. It never has been but a little difficulty wouldnt be bad.

13. manofthem

manofthem WCG-TPU Team All-Star!

Thanks Received:
    Took me a while to find this thread...

The game is soon to launch, and you can get it for $39.99 on Steam (20% off) and it includes a free DLC: Target Hitler.

Should be awesome. Now I want a Nazi Zombie Army 3! :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Three and a half weeks to go!