1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sniper Elite.. anyone played it..??

Discussion in 'Games' started by trog100, Mar 4, 2006.

1. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    seems an okay game.. i aint got that far into it yet.. ??

trog

2. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    if you like it lol...write a review for it when you're done playing it :D

3. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    it's ok .. nothing spectacular though .. it's pretty easy as well

4. bigbadwolf284 New Member

Thanks Received:
    not that good.......save some money

5. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    only got to the end of the first single player mission.. it dont seem that "easy".. he he..

trog

6. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Not easy but certainly a poorly finished game, movement and controls are awkward at best, it could really use some polishing Im sure a patch with some minor tweaking could make it a better game. I liked the weapons physics of it but the rest of the game was rather poor

7. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have problems with too many controls.. i cant play useing the W S A D side of the keyboard.. i have to shift everything over to the arrow keys.. takes me ages to get them basically right..

i would love to see some enemy signs in that compass thing thow.. they pop out from nowhere and shoot the crap outa u with machine guns a little too easily for me.. he he..

trog

8. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    if i give up with this one it wont be cos its too easy.. it will be cos i have gotten sick of having to do things so many times over before getting it right.. he he

and the buggy controls.. still they just make the game harder and i am tryng to hold off on the saves..

trog

9. sebracer New Member

Thanks Received:
    just downloaded the demo. Not sure what to think of it yet. like you said not much warning before you get your buttox shot off. seems like one of those slow crawl your but to the finish line games. I've only put about two hours on the demo so far. I can't tear myself away from BF2 long enough to play it. I also downloaded Empire at war demo. That seems to be kinda fun. More of a Strategy type game though.

10. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    sniper is definitely one of those crawl/sneak about games.. it takes lots of patience but has its rewards when u beat the mission.. the bullet slow-mo effect when u get a good long range headshot in is very rewarding.. he he he

quake stye rush in tactics just get u instant death.. i went thru cod 2 in a quake death match style.. but u cant do that with sniper.. the hard bit is working out exactly how to do each mission.. once u find the right way its easy.. dont do it the right way its impossible.. its had me stumped several times..

but i like it.. just needs lot of sticking with at first.. then it grows on u.. he he he

trog

11. Gorre

Gorre New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had a bash on it. It's sort of stuck between ultra realism crawl about really slowly, and run and gun with a handgun. I uninstalled after about an hour to be honest, not my kind of game, I prefer to feel a bit of suspence, but with SE, I felt I'd either be able to blast my way out of any problems on normal difficulty, or I'm screwed if anything goes wrong on hard.

12. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    its caught me out.. it knows i have a dodgy copy.. three quarters of the way thru its confronted me with invisible enemies..

a blind sniper aint a deal of good.. he he he he..

trog