1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

So after a year of PC gaming (noob here) I think I have been using my mouse wrong...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Phusius, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    So I have it at 4600 DPI most of the time, and I barely move it an inch when browsing the web or gaming... just noticed most people have large mouse pads...

Am I doing something wrong bros? :confused:

2. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    whatever works for you lol is what it comes down to

I use 1600-4000 depending on the game usually i sit around 3600 its litterally just whatever works best for you.

If your worried about it play an FPS game and start at your current DPI settings then drop down a bit try again rinse repeat see how you do in that game. do you do better where you are or with a lower DPI.

Its about comfort and precision if your happy where you are stick with it.

Phusius says thanks.
  3. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I don't see how these large mouse pads sell... unless gamers are using 800 DPI mice still...

4. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    I have a Razer Scarab mouse mat and I only use maybe half of it (@ 2500 DPI), but one of my good friends who is considered one of the best TF2 deathmatch Pyros says he sweeps about 1-2 feet and has his mouse set to ~400 DPI. Depends on your preference, but most professional gamers tend to use lower DPI and more arm movement because moving an inch with just your wrist doesn't do you much good.

Phusius says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    That is one reason I have been considering the Corsair M60 mouse for the sniper button, even whem aiming down the sights of an AK-47 say, as soon as you get close and are about to fire hit that sniper button to lower DPI super slow and get quicker kills... just a theory, but I may get a Corsair M60 to try it out.

6. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    I have used a corsair M60 and I really like it..I havent done THAT much gaming with it really but fantastic for browsing and what not.But i agree with both previous posts, all about preference mate. =) whatever floats your boat! :toast:

Phusius says thanks.
  7. tacosRcool

tacosRcool

Thanks Received:
    I usually use 1800 dpi (I play mostly FPS). When my motherboard short circuited my mouse and keyboard to death (Logitech G110 and Cyborg R.A.T.5) I bought a Razer Marauder keyboard since it was backlit and was shorter. I have not that much space in my desk. I now use a Steelseries QcK+ mouse pad. All preference or space constraints or none at all.

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I game just fine with about 7" of space for my mouse.