1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

So I installed a 240GB OCZ Agility 3 in my friend's SATA II-only motherboard

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Kantastic, May 7, 2012.

1. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I updated the FW to the latest 2.22 and then ran AS SSD. I was surprised to see that performance across the board was only 5-15% lower than the Googled benchmarks for the same drive, presumably running on the SATA III interface. His total score was 519, Googled benchmarks show the score for a few identical drives as just under 600. I told him that it isn't much to fret over, and that replacing the motherboard isn't worth the trouble nor the money.

Is AS SSD a good indicator of real-world performance for SSDs or am I overlooking something?

2. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    id run ATTO and HD Tune, those are the other popular ones, make sure he has windows write cache buffer flushing turned off too, that will slow the drive down a touch

3. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    ATTO is marketing performance,its what all the companies go by for there specs sheet. crystaldiskmark or anvils utilities are pretty good benchmarks

4. Dbiggs9

Thanks Received:
    windows write cache buffer flushing turned off. how do i do this

5. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    go into device manager, right click every SSD and HDD in your PC, one at a time, and go to properties, then the policies tab, will see it there

Dbiggs9 says thanks.