1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

So the machine is kind of running again(CPU or Motherboard?)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DaMulta, Aug 20, 2008.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    A month ago I was doing death ocs with my CPU 2.v lol, but I shut down and ran stock for about 3 hours. The next day it gave me the CPU INIT error code on the mohterboard LCD. I pulled the battery and notting would help getting it off that error. I let it set for 2 weeks and it came back alive and went past that error code.

Then I setup water on my video cards only to have a bad leak on the motherboard while it was on. It would not start at all after that happend. I cleaned it up with achole, and it still had the same problem about not turning on. I let it set for a week and it started doing the CPU INIT problem again. So I gave it another week(last night was the end)and now I'm on the problems listed below.

OK here is what it is doing

Last night when it came back on, it would turn off the monitor after 15 secs. It also would not boot(I'm 90% sure) after that happend.

This would happen in the preboot screen or in bios.

It will not boot past -10c. It will give me the CPU INIT error code.
    When it's warming back up right before it will start it hangs on DRAM, or Vram(I think) test I'm gussing the CPU is frozen still. Tried to start the phase at least 10 times with it.

If I go into bios and hit f10 save and exit the machine will hang on PCI-INIT

BUt after I got off the phone with wile(gave me 30 mins of down time with messing with it) it did boot into windows, but I had to shut it down because my phase was not on.

Does anyone think that this is a CPU problem?

I have tried a different video card, and different DDR3 with using 1 slot as well.

Wile is sending out a E6700 to test with, but I'm wondering if I need to start saving for a new board.

2. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like the CPU is going bye bye to me. Thats what my old X2 3600 was doing to me when I cracked the die after removing the IHS. Could be the board, but I am willing to bet that it's the CPU.

DaMulta says thanks.
  3. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    I did change di-electric grease, but I think it would still boot frozen. I think it's the CPU also, I just haven't had the funds to ship it to Intel. Been in the red for a month now sucks:(.

4. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    It looks like 3 of the 4 cores are dead. or close to it. To run on stock settings I have to crank it to 1.52 and then core 4 still does not want to play nice.

Also the video was turning off because I needed to have the video card blocks on tighter.

So it looks like it's the CPU after all.

5. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    that sucks man, i got a celly 1000 you can borrow

DaMulta says thanks.
  6. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    Thanks but wile should of sent out a E6700 today. When I get the funds I'll be sending this off to Intel and hope the give me a c1 chip.