1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

So what do you guys think about the Razor Switchblade?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by F1reFly, Jan 7, 2011.

1. F1reFly

F1reFly New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. Silverel

Silverel New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's in grey territory for me. Personally I (and I would imagine hundreds of others here a TPU) enjoy my monolithic powerhouse of a PC to play my PC games on. This little thing doesn't fit with the term PC Gaming, so at that point it's fail.

However, as a portable gaming device it looks pretty beefy. I could see a bunch of WoW gamers picking it up to do crafting while being forced out into the sunlight for social events. I can't imagine playing games like League of Legends, Call of Duty, or other action oriented games, but RPG's might be worth a run.

I'd give it a solid 5/10. -5 points for trying to prance around the big boys territory with bringing the proper equipment, but +5 points for having the balls to do so and not look like a complete idiot.

I wonder though, does it run Crysis?

3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    im more interested in the new dual-handed controller, whatever the name of that is.

4. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I find the lack of mouse... disturbing. Other than that, I think if its implemented well it might be a hit.

5. zowned

zowned New Member

Thanks Received:
    At first sight I can't help to think of the DSi big brother version. It may be a hit with true RPGers out there that just have to level up before sunset but other gamers who are looking for a extruded place to rest their thumbs (or even a mouse for that matter) may feel left out and avoid it altogether. This would, in my opinion, ultimately make it a fail.

Thanks
    z

6. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    fail in our eyes maybe, but WoW is proof enough that there is a large market that would
    consider this. the majority of WoW players on not on uber machines, nor do they care
    about hardware. they want to play their game...

they do it on netbooks, etc all the time. this would make it easier.

i think it has a place, just not a very large one.

7. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    That is pretty sweet, but it seems to be geared towards WoW and older games.

8. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I can't see this succeeding, there just won't be enough buyers

9. KieX

Thanks Received:
    It's always going to be reserved for games with non demanding graphics. But with smartphones getting better games and tablet form becoming more popular I doubt this would be succesful.

10. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    that is hallarious, seriously you have got to watch that you tube video, what that guy says is just so stupid. seriously do they think i was born yesterday!!

Geared toward wow, as its the biggest online game, wow maybe be 'old' but try cranking that game up and see the fps slow for sure. it aint no slouch!

Got to say tho the keyboard that changes for each game is awesome!!! and i hope razor bring out a full size gaming keyboard with customizable keys, now that would impress

11. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I think the concept is amazing, will it take off maybe not, but defo gets a 10 out of 10 from me for innovation, is that an oled keypad?

12. F1reFly

F1reFly New Member

Thanks Received:
    well for gaming on the go, You don't need 1900x1200, 8x AA...etc on a 7 inch screen. So i don't see lack of power being an issue.
    But would be awesome for emulators.....i have a few emu's on my PSP, the 8-16 bit ones work good, but Mame only has a small few that run on it.

If the screen could flip around and be held like a book, i'd buy it. but still would be decent for some types of games.
    It will come with WIndows 7....so i'm kinda comparing it to tablets in a way in terms of what i can and cannot do with such a portable device. but this is more like a Netbook with a better GPU, either way i'll want one or the other eventually.

and the PSP doesnt fit in with PS3 gaming, yet you can't play PS3 games on a PSP even at reduced graphics...so thats a big difference there.
    but of course games are games and this being portable, might be pretty nice to actually have such a huge library of games to play as apposed to a DS, PSP, Cell phones. PC games are certainly far better than what any portable has to offer.
    plus think of all the free games for PC you can find, like Americas Army. on portables you have to hack and pirate to get anything free and not switch carts.