1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

So who thinks im a dickhead?

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by wolf, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Im not going to mention any names at all....

but im getting a vibe from the forums that i am unliked.

i realize i can be argumentative and rude, and a bit of a fanboy from time to time, and i want to turn that around.

Lately it seems more and more users simply ignore my posts, even when they have valid/relevant info to the topic.

is this the image i cast for myself? i mean i know i have friends here, but i know some people must think very lowly of me.

this is your chance folks, tell me what im doing that i could stop to be a more liked member of the forums.

HammerON, phanbuey and CyberDruid say thanks.
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I don't mind ya man, I dont' think you're a dickhead, but then again I haven't argued with ya at least as-far-as my memory is telling me! :D

But remember it's not just how others view you, it's how you view you...if you feel like you're a dickhead, then there's reason for creating this. But if you don't get along with someone or they don't get along with you, sorting it out via pm or just setting eachother on ignore works well too. Hopefully this thread stays peaceful, but look at the things you bring to this forum, is it helpful and positive or crap and negativity? Weigh in on yourself with that, and go from there. I think you're a good user man, everyone has those posts that were a tad more pointless or rude than it was worth to even post it, but hey sh!t happens.

:toast:

3. wolf

Thanks Received:
    cheers man, and i dont think its anything personal with specific users, i just feel like 2 years of heated fanboy arguments is coming back to bite me in the ass ahahahhaha.

and yes very good point, after some posts, i really feel like a dickhead :)

4. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    This is a pretty bold move. I hope you get the results for which you're looking, and I've always thought of you as stand-up.

5. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Huh? I never thought anything of the sort. Sometimes I do see dickhead posts here and there but I hardly ever pay attention to the name of the poster, and if I do, I never remember it.

Crunching for Team TPU 5 Million points folded for TPU
  6. wolf

Thanks Received:
    stand up? like im funny to listen to? lol

and bold? maybe......... i just get the feeling ive really rubbed some people here the wrong way and im giving them a chance to tell me exactly what i did so it doesn't happen again.

you guys rock and i want to be a respected member of this forum for a looooooooooong time to come :)

7. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Well i havnt noticed much. You seem to be alright its cool that you dont want to upset anyone but dont worry about it. If the fanboy stuff is bothering you or others dont fall into it just tip toe around it.

Ive started coming on the forums less which turned out to be a good thing. I myself have mellowed out on the forums just ask! I used to be a serious guy, straight up tell shit to you really honest and literal and all that cant take a joke stuff but i think i was just to into things that i didnt need to be.

I used to think i was a dickhead but really it was just some people that thought i was and it made me think that too like why do they think that? why do i think i am a dickhead?

One useful piece of advice i dont tend to make alliances i tend to stick to myself i was noticing that there was one group of people separate from the rest on the forums but it seems to be all mixed now so everything is fine. I used to think why do people act like that or whatever but i realised you have to just get to know the individual not the group.

Everyone ignores posts they are just replying to certain users and want to continue a conversation in the thread that you dont happen to be part off, happens to me all the time; they will be joking about something and i happen to post late into the joke or conversation sigh :laugh:

I get ignored sometimes but it dosnt bother me unless im trying to sort something out with someone then ignorance is really just being inconsiderate, ignorance can just be accidental and that is nothing to get fussed about i used to ALL THE TIME its not worth it.

8. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    Never had a chance to find out if you are a Dickhead, I believe in the 2 post's that you and me had made comments they were about the same. But given the opportunity to say your a Dickhead,I think i will "Dickhead" lol!! Who's a Dickhead? Wolf's a Dickhead!! Dickhead! dickhead! DICKHEAD!!!!
    Well If you must, keep on man! keep on......it's all good here bro

9. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:
    hey, what were you a fanboy of? i look forward to your posts, haven't seen you coming on to strong but have't been looking either.

I always thought that putting a a quote of yourself in your sig was a little wak, but that is just my 2c, and hey, who am i.....

so welcome wolf :rockout:

10. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    well if anyone has issues at least it will be in the open so it can get sorted out
    i havnt seen a big argument on the forums in a long time and thats a good thing

11. twilyth Guest

It's short for stand up guy - sort of. It basically means you say what you mean and mean what you say and don't fuck around.

12. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    Dont be...:laugh:

after looking at threads you created it looks like you contribute a lot...nice job:toast:

13. CyberDruid

CyberDruid New Member

Thanks Received:
    What if you mean what you say and say what you mean but still fuck around? Or if you don't mean what you say but do say waht you mean and don't fuck around? Or if mean what you say but don't say what you mean and don't fuck around.

I mean two outta three aint bad Chollie...fuhgeddabouddit

wolf says thanks.
  14. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Thanks Received:
    No problems here... but i agree it's all in how you look at yourself. Even if you argue in a thread, should you be considered a jerk or any other expression.? No.... that's what forums are for. If you can't take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen IMO. Everyone will have their opinions. Take em' in stride and move forward. Anyway, no problems here.

15. OzzmanFloyd120

OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    Since you're asking.... I hate you... you and your dumb cpu with amazing cache speeds.
    And I hate talking about SPs, clock speeds and ROPs and VRAM. You are guilty as charged. MF.

16. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    I dont know you so I can't judge people.....especially on the internet, but as far as I know most people are assholes on the internet so...iunno

17. GREASEMONKEY

GREASEMONKEY

Thanks Received:
    Most of the dickheads i've seen on TPU have been banned,except for a stray couple others.
    IMO,you dont even come close to the status of a dickhead.:confused:

18. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    don't know you well but from what I have seen you are a pretty nice guy. it's like being the new kid at school everybody jumps down your throat every time you open your mouth you just have to kinda step up and establish your identity. I don't think you should focus on what other people think of you I certainly don't my fan discussions, crt vs. lcd, laser engines, mechanical keyboards, audio positioning are all subjects I have been 100% correct on yet only a handful will agree with me everybody else thinks i'm crazy.

19. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    You think people here, think your a dickhead? lol welcome to life, can't make everyone happy man. There's members from almost 30+ countrys. Differents cultures, beliefs and thoughts. You make one happy, piss off a thousand. Don't worry about it man!!! We are here to help ourselves and others, that's it! It's all a matter of a opinion. And for some, they do this shit all day. But TPU is a learning place.

Wolf= Good Guy ;)

20. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Never offended me at all Wolf.

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i've never had an issue with you and if i have an issue with someone i tend to be quite loud about it (as cdawall looks at his list of infractions :shadedshu)

22. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Dude, don't worry about feeling like people are ignoring your posts. I think everyone goes through spots like that. Like the number of times I'd say something helpful first, but then be ignored while a bunch of people that said the same thing, but crappier, would get thanked instead of me. Sometimes people just don't pay attention. Changing your avatar and signature to something more catchy looking might help make people stop at your posts...

23. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Meh-never heard of you:D But calling yourself a "Dickhead" when you're not even close to "scratching the surface" is IMHO asking for it-You're a Dickhead. Are you happy now :laugh: J/K M8, trust me you're nowhere close to the ones that I consider "Dickheads";) Speaking of Dickheads, that guy from redraiders (not mentioning his name) is a bonafide one:D

24. wolf

Thanks Received:
    thank you all so much for the reassuring replies, its awesome to know at least im not on the bad side of the greater community :)

still waiting on a few to post with their opinions.

I get the whole difference of opinion bit, of course im going to butt heads on opinion's or points of interest, but iunno.... i feel i just need to be more diplomatic when throwing in my 2 cents, as oppose to taking it personally, and having a fanboy rant.

And FYI, i live in Australia, but I am a born and bred Frenchman, so do I think I am a dickhead?

I KNOW IT! :pimp: *french laugh*

25. Damian^

Damian^ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dont know you, nor have i ever seen you on the forums (im not to active) but just the fact that you are asking a question like that gives me the impression that you are somewhat of an attention whore

Now, I'm not being an ass or anything just basing my assumptions on the post you made because honestly who asks questions like that lol.

As for the whole fanboy thing, well I never liked them, I see them as stubborn, close minded individuals.

Just my two cents

Peace.

PS.
    Hope to see you around the forums and know you better.

ShadowFold and Paulieg say thanks.