1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Software reading or BIOS reading???

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by CH@NO, Jul 1, 2007.

1. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    mmmm, I think it deserves to be a new thread.....or maybe not???, if it's the case sorry :rolleyes:

What is more close to the truth....

.....the software reading temps OR the BIOS reading temps???? It's just the difference between them sometimes is abot 20 C!!!!....WTF?? :cry:

With PC WIZARD 2007 (It has the core 1/2 temp) the readings are pretty close with the BIOS, but with the CORE TEMP and TAT when I stress the system It reaches the 70 C ultra quickly (took it about 15 seconds and when It comes to normal the temp drops very quickly too)!!!, I instantly restarted the system and the BIOS shows me 37 C, HOW the hell the readings can be too far one from another??......what reading I must obey???

Sorry If I annoying you, Just I'm very confused and since some of you guys has more experience.....that's why I posting this thread.

Hope you can help me AGAIN!!!

GRACIAS, GRACIAS, y mas GRACIAS :p :roll:

2. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Depends on the program. Some read it straight from the BIOS, some read it themselves. Not sure which ones do which though :p.

3. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    i would trust core temp, it reads directly from the cpu diode, it could just be that resetting your computer and hence killing the power to the cpu would account for the rapid temperature drop. tho nothing is certain, but core temp has never let me down :)