1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

software to change FSB on-the-fly (from within WinXP)

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by graysky, Jun 18, 2007.

1. graysky

Thanks Received:
    I've seen people who posted screenshots of some software that allows you to change your FSB from within WinXP on-the-fly, but now that I actually want to try it, I can't find the name of the thing! Can someone post a link or give me the name of it? I have a P5B-Deluxe if that matters.

Thanks!
  2. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Browse this site mate.
  3. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    clockgen? systool?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    You can change FSB on the fly in windows, but be careful as you may over-do it and go beyond what your current voltage settings are supporting. I still recommend if you plan on overclocking/adjusting your FSB, to do it in BIOS. Unless you want to do a manual version of EIST/C1E (i.e. slow the FSB down...eist/c1e usually adjust bios and dividers to slow the CPU down) to save power and keep idle temps down for 2D/Internet/Word Processor mode.

I did it with my old system, and still found I liked changing settings in BIOS better. On my old board I could even change voltages in windows (Abit AS8 w/Uguru chip), if I am remembering correctly, was kind of cool..but the program was buggy at best. Systool and Clockgen both work well, though I preferred Systool for what I was using it for.
  5. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    If you have older hardware you could get away with using CPUCool.
  6. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    you have a p5b-dlx,as do i.why cant you do it in the bios? otherwise use systool,it has an option for the right clockgen ic for our board.
  7. graysky

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the suggestions, all. SetFSBu_P5Bdeluxe is what I wanted and it has commandline options as well.

@tigger69: I usually do but I want a way to go between several settings on-the-fly.