1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Solaris is back in action!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Solaris17, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    thats true. All of the PCs I couldnt sell I couldnt take with me the cars were full. So i built the remaining desktops and gave them to people I knew needed PCs Iv done that for years so it didnt bother me. my pin mod guide for example in my sig. that board the ECS and a 5000+ and an 8800GTS that I baked to work and then tested for 72 hours on a 3d mark run are currently the primary desktop of a friend that was too poor to own a PC the 5200+ in that thread with the bad pins is currently running at 3.4ghz in my GFs system. the 3 desktops I built before I left ranging from 939 to 775 systems are currently housed at a friends place running at a friend of a friends place running (they didnt have a pc) and the other an all girls shelter in a town nearby me that needed donations due to govt funding cuts. I even installed it for them in the general area or w/e they call it. A few rigs I made for the GED program are still running too. for awhile my hobby was rescuing dump PCs and repairing them with parts i had left over from upgrades. All PC parts I have ever owned have been recycled unless they were legitimately bad. I will repay anyone when I can. I just cannot do anything for anybody ATM.
  2. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like one heck of a trip. Glad its all over and you made it safely. Things in time will get better. I'm in the same boat but diff river (more like a small pond with no where to go) but things take time. At least you have the community here to ease your way through and to take your mind of things at times when you need a break.

Thats awesome of brandon to help ya out. This truly is a great place to to be.
  3. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    Hey... just remember to try to help those in need when you have the means to do so...

Pay it Forward :toast:

Judging from the post above me it sounds like you already have :)
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    I will always do w/e I can for the TPU community. no problem no hesitation ALWAYS. Thats how it has always been and how it will stay. Shit SUDVD ver. 1 was a iso that just had drivers. 2.0 i convinced w1zzard to host and was bootable. Iv done 1 every year since then because a long long time ago I saw a post I actually think it was chiv1. say that they wished they didnt have to spend 2 days downloading drivers updates and trying to find them every time they formatted. and so I started.

then I made driver finder (need to fix URLs domain change). Last year to make it faster to get stuff and even backed up the abit site when they went dark using my laptop. I will continue to do w/e I can for TPU and its members. You guys rock my socks.

Edit: the way I see it iv tried my best to help for years iv been here a long time and their aren't many with my join date anymore. I have a lot to thank TPU for and I will continue to help for a long time. Members come and go and some would say iv earned my stripes but to me it's like a folding badge you may have put in the PPD but you have to keep going to really earn your name in the community. I don't want to be a member that came and had a good run then was forgotten faded to page 1008 with a last login of over a year. I will keep going for as long as I can until TPU doesn't exist or I just can't keep up with tech anymore in which case I wouldn't say I left, I'd consider it an honerable discharge.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    Norton says thanks.
  5. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    That DFI board is VERY difficult to OC. I own one still and it is very solid, and it can hit about 4.7GHz max, but the settings are irrefutably the hardest to understand out of any board touched by the Bingester.

You'll see heat off of these 920s and Xeon variants, and won't will not do 4.5GHz unless you're on good water cooling. I consider that to be a good chip you have there. Unfortunately the 32nm Xeon variants of that chip are far too expensive to enjoy. I love the 920 to no end. Found one here on F/S with a mobo for $200 and had to snag it up. They just perform. They produce a lot of heat but they perform!
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  6. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad to hear things starting to work out for you. TPU really is a great community. It's always the first web site I pull up whenever I'm in front of a PC. It's my homepage! :) I don't know, I'm hooked/addicted to TPU. I was in a similar situation a few years back although I had a PC but couldn't game on it coz I was only using onboard. I worked construction until I was recently able to find a better job. I just built the system in my system specs about 2 months ago after I sold a laptop my mom gave me and added some money saved from my new job.

+1... :toast:
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  7. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That sounded kinda familiar:D

And oh btw Binge, that 920 D0 was one of the 2 that I had you snag for me at your local MC back in the day;)

Glad you're back Sol!
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  8. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    Thanks man!
  9. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Glad to see you active, big guy. Welcome home.
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  10. Solaris17

Thanks Received:

I hear that it's been a long time. I'm kinda letting it all come back to me. It's like looking at an old switch board I'm just leaning back pressing buttons nice and slow until the rhythm comes back.
  11. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    It's great to have you back, and it looks like you're now solidly on your feet :toast:
    Solaris17 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Solaris,
    Good to see you back, my friend.
    If you need anything, all you have to do is send me a PM.
    It's not charity ... it's called taking care of your friends. That's what friends are for (and also for free beer and bratwursts).

What kind of work are you looking for? In the last 30 years in IT I've made a few contacts. ;)
  13. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    YES! they are just sitting here collecting dust! The best one I have in the bunch is a 20 inch dell 1600x1200 with DVI and its all yours!

[​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now thats what I'm talking about. Can't everyone feel the love in here? lol. This truly is a great place to be and an awesome community made up of the greatest ppl across the the world. There shouldn't be not one person on here that says they don't have a friend cause on here you at least have someone :rockout:
    stinger608 says thanks.
  16. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You guys think offering our unused parts is empathetic? HAH ... you're just helping us clean house ! :D
    n-ster and adulaamin say thanks.
  17. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Hey Solaris buddy keyboard is on it's way. :toast: And I am so happy to see you back in action.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    well i dont have a power or dvi cable but youve got a deal what do I need to do?

lol at some point i was the same just take it it takes up space! As for the job I appreciate it, really anything tech related im well rounded and pick up fast unfortunetely The offer is probably wasted on me. I never had the $$ to go to school and everyone wants degrees I worked nights full time so even when I could afford to go to school I couldnt because I worked like 60 hour weeks and I was too tired for day classes. Iv been learning by going to local book stores that buy campus bookes I try to pick up as many as I can and just read through them in my spare time.

well thanks! but...how did you get my address?

TPU wont let me thank anyone anymore but thanks all! This is the happiest day iv had in a long time. :toast:
    ThE_MaD_ShOt and [Ion] say thanks.
  19. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    Good to see you back and I'm glad you made your trip safely, Solaris. And you're right, TPU is a great place and many of our friends are quite generous here. :toast:

I hope buying those motherboards from you helped a lot, and I still regret being an ass and blowing up at you that one time due to a board that died during transit. Both 939 boards, the Opteron and RAM I bought are all running great and work hard for our WCG/F@H teams. I might have ran into some CMOS problems with the ASUS one, but it motivated me to be a real enthusiast and come up with a solution to fix them. Despite that, the Opteron 170 and ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe are the two most awesome pieces of s939 equipment I have ever had the experience of using, and I thank you greatly for giving me a great deal on them.

Wish I could do something to help you out like these other awesome people above me, but money is really tight for me at this time. Best of luck with the job search and I hope you enjoy that newly resurrected X58 rig. :)
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  20. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    well thanks man im glad their all working for ya and they did without them my budget would not have been good. and its all water under the bridge no worries. :toast:
    Jstn7477 says thanks.
  21. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    you just wait im still going to come visit im not shy about driving or flying. we will grab some october fest and the way i make my brats damn i saute them in a pan (i know hear me out) but i do it in jager. and when the jager is almost gone i throw in some onions that i dice up and let them carmalize. the end resault is somewhat sweet put the onions and some mustard on top and you dont know what your in for.
    Kreij says thanks.
  22. mauriek

Thanks Received:
    whoa..what a great community..this give me hope to mankind.. :lovetpu:

i can only wish you luck and success with your future life..just a small wish but somebody said many small wishes combine will eventually come true.. :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    thanks man :toast:
  24. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    And this is why we do it man. And thank-you for all you have done for the community here. :toast: Ans I also sent you a pm on the address. :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    tpu members straight creepin.