1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Solved][Z77][Asrock Exteme4][What closed loop cooler, to allow top PCIEx1 sound card

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Ren_kun, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Ren_kun New Member

Thanks Received:
    I currently want to fit 2 x 3 slot graphics cards to my asrock Z77 Extreme4 at the same time fit my Auzentech - AZT-BRAVURA to the top slot, however the h80 i have leaves little room for the sound card to fit into the top slot.

Is there any closed loop coolers that can allow me to fit a soundcard on the top slot? Or any better ideas if you have any?
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    any of them. just orientate it the right way so the tubes are going to be conflicting.
  3. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You should have a problem with any of the closed loop WC kits, just make sure you have the tubes running in a way (left or right from the CPU socket) so that it doesn't cover up the PCI slot. Shouldnt have any problems mate :)
  4. Ren_kun New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys thanks for responding, the problem is that if i orientate the H80 so the tubes are above the fans it will block the PCIE 8pin. Also i dont think there is room if i orientate it left or right. At the momment though the tube comes from below the fan, which as you said would block the PCIEx1.

Are there thinner solutions which could allow the tube orientated from above? Any other input

EDIT:

I looked closer, and i think the H80 can be orientated so the tubes are from the above the fan, Ill find the time to re fix the H80.

Thanks everyone
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  5. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think you will find this isnt a problem. I installed the H80 in a CM Scout (small case) and didnt have any problems with routing the 8pin with the tubes coming from the top of the fan. They arn't that close.
  6. anoobarak New Member

Thanks Received:
    if your case has fan mounts on the top of the case, you could mount the rad&fan there also.