1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

some new and surprising games coming out with mantle support

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Jul 9, 2014.

1. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
  2. P4-630

P4-630

Thanks Received:
    I'm waiting for GTA V to come out, I have a GTX770M , so this means it would run better on AMD?

3. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    It would run just fine on nvidia. AMD doesn't cripple games for competitors from what I have seen.

GhostRyder, Champ and eidairaman1 say thanks.
  4. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    There's actually several games on that list I'm interested in or already have...

BF4 (have)
    Thief (have)
    Sniper Elite III (have)
    Mass Effect (4?)
    Star Wars: Battlefront
    Rise of the Tomb Raider (hoping they make better tombs)
    Dying Light
    Homefront: The Revolution
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    Alien: Isolation
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars

Looks kinda strange seeing it on the VideoCardz.com site with very Nvidia looking green and black colors. Nice to see it coming to games other than those made with Frostbite 3. I counted over 10 engines on that list.

I've yet to try BF4 or Thief since Mantle came out. Does it come in the latest drivers and just work automatically, or do you have to DL and enable it separately?

5. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:

[​IMG]

very simple apply then restart game

mantle is in the drivers already nothing special to install

6. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Seeing a new API in-game like that is a bit scary. I guess a future that doesn't necessarily include DX (or open GL) is actually upon us.

Mantle is tempting enough to go back to AMD for the next GPU purchase I make, though I am not convinced it's THAT much better. Performance aside, what about market acceptance and developer integration? Sure there's at least ten AA or AAA title on that list, but what if BF4 was merely a fluke and the majority of them suffer because of Mantle?

I'm also a huge fan of Nvidia's current power/voltage and overclocking design on the 600/700 series. And when they beef up Open GL, I guess Mantle won't be all that shiny anymore.

7. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I asked because I've only tried Thief so far and I see no Mantle option. Your response as far as being include in the latest drivers echoes what I've been reading though.

I can't recall what FPS I was getting before, but with max settings on 64x I'm averaging 130 and higher. I've yet to get to the bon fires that caused problems pre Mantle though.

Makes sense they would have a Mantle toggle in the BF4 settings because that is sort of the Mantle demo game. I'm wondering now if many Mantle supported games won't have such an option though.

Now that I think of it though, maybe I need to patch Thief to get Mantle support. Currently running build 4107.3, which is just version 1.0 I think.

8. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Ut 2015? Aka like hiw ut 99 and deus ex had several graphics card optimizations

9. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
    lol? Tomb Raider, Dirt Showdown, Hitman Absolution, Star Swarm demo, Black and White 2, NFS: Carbon...

Why I call this fake:
    1) Dying Light listed at geforce.com
    2) Developers said that they are stopped developing Homefront: The Revolution.
    3) Couldn't write Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare developer correctly.
    [​IMG] videocardz.com
    [​IMG] tomshardware.com
    [​IMG] hexus.net
    4) AMD haven't flooded internet with PR slides.

10. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    I quite like the fact that the new Civ game will be using Mantle apparently. Its a CPU-oriented game, but perhaps Mantle will one day give better performance for those using FX-series CPUs (unless it does already). But a couple more frames at GPU intensive bits, yes please.

Layton

11. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    Mantle is really taking off. I have no clue why they are giving it up. It's one of the good things they have going for them

12. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Mantle isnt being dropped, this is jusy beginning

13. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    I mean in the sense the created something that can be grand and they plan to make it public