1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Some new stuff.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by technicks, Nov 19, 2008.

1. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Whoo. Today i got my new MSI P45 Neo2 FR (;)Platinum) board.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And along with that i got a Sapphire HD3870. And will add another one this weekend for Crossfire.:D
    [​IMG]
    My Dominator ram is in backorder:mad: So i changed it to 2x2 Gb Buffalo Firestix. I hope i will get them tomorrow.
    I did not test or oc anything yet because the freaking GPU fan was driving me nuts.:shadedshu
    Just installed Rivatuner to fix the fan issue. The damn thing kept going on and off every few seconds.:laugh:
    I did not order this card but the one with the dual slot cooler but they did not have it any more the guy said. So when i pick up my second card i will get a discount on two after market coolers.:ohwell:

But the good thing is this:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I'll bet most of you knew this but i didn't.:laugh:
    I was pretty surprised when i peeled of the sticker It's actually is exactly the same board as the Platinum.:D
    So would it be possible to flash a modded Platinum bios on this board?
    That would be nice.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  2. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd assume it would flash just fine, especially if it's a Platinum in diguise. Kudos on the Firestix. I can't vouch for the 2GB sticks, but the 1GB sticks are killer.
  3. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i know. But i want 8 Gb of those.
    They where only €55 for 4Gb so i will order another kit next week and go Vista 64.:cool:

Btw. Anyone know anyone who knows anyone that can mod the Platinum bios for this board?:)