1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Some of you know

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by PP Mguire, Jun 18, 2009.

1. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    That my life is kinda hard right now. I mean, not really hard cause i kinda asked for it in a way.

But anyways as of right now i dont post much because im living in a tent. My laptops screen started really screwing up to the point to where i can only use it when i have a screen. Meaning that when it gets real hot in my tent i cant use the laptop because it overheats and shuts off :laugh: Not to mention, my parents internet is screwing up bad so i have to use my phone as a wireless modem and in which it starts screaming at me that its hot too.

Even though when i wake up in the morning its about 120F in my tent its not so bad really. For anybody afraid of this kind of living dont be. Just remember that your still living and if you still have a job and a caring family/gf be thankful for what you have. If it wasnt for these people id.....still be in an air conditioned environment doing PC hardware reviews.....but thats besides the point :roll::roll:

Nah for those of you wondering whats really going on to make a long story short my gf got into a sticky situation and i bailed her out and since im one of those bfs that if your going through it i will too im living in the tent with her on my parents land. For those wondering yes we have a plan. As you may have noticed in some of my recent posts we plan on buying our house pretty soon. Its taking some delays cause we had to purchase a few things to survive (like this boss tent) but it will come soon.

Its really not so bad, internet, gf, queen size mattress, 24" screen with 2.1 JBL sound, Gatorade, lots of fans, my parents right there helping us, most importantly games when i get the chance. OH and ill be a computer geek with a tan :D:toast::laugh:

So yea, thats just an update on my life and why i havent really been posting much. Its to hot!

2. twilyth Guest

Good luck to you!

I was curious about your avatar - where it says Venus, TX - is that really the name of the town or is it because it feels as hot as Venus. And no, I'm not being a smart ass.

3. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    I really live in Venus, Texas.

4. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, Venus is over by Mansfield, south of Ft worth. I have been in that area before. You sir are nucking futs, living in a tent right now. My internet repair man put it best "If there is a swamp in hell, it can't be hotter than this"

5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Why the hell are you in a tent? FYI no pussy is worth frying your hardware over.

6. twilyth Guest

ROFLMAO. I lived near Fort Hood when I was about 5 and I can still remember how hot it was. We were only there for a year but it scarred me for life. :roll:

7. JC316

Thanks Received:

It's always hot here, but this year has been BAD. It POURED down rain last week, so its near 100% humidity, plus it's hitting the 100's, plus we have a bumper crop of mosquitoes. Yeah, so if you go outside with no OFF on, you have 15 of the little bastards on you before you can get your shoes on, and if you put the OFF on, then your skin feels like it's on fire due to the lack of sweat.

I love Texas, I love the heat, but this is pushing me to my limits.

8. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    i have no idea how you managed to get your self into such a state that you have to live in a tent but it must be hard but you seem optimistic, very nice!

must be bad if you have to live in a tent, so you have my sympathy mate. situations change over time its just the period in between thats a bummer

9. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lets not forget ill have my house in a couple of weeks AND my friend i was staying with lets us come back to his house. My hardware wont fry because i dont game on my laptop unless its at night. My PC is still here at my friends house where the ambient temp is....59F :laugh:

But yea, we will be fine. Im used to the heat actualy so it dosent bother me. Still get a little light headed but dont forget we have my parents RV to take refuge in. Its not as bad as it seems. I mean come on, cool place to sleep durning the day when its in the 100s, internet, games, movies, loud sound system ect. Cant beat it =)

And my gf just said dont forget the sex...:roll:

10. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    at first you made it seem as if it was really bad bt now it sounds like your having a blast lol

Fahrenheit lol what the fuck i cant understand it please degrees centigrade only
    and for weight you get kg, pounds and stone i mean come on cant we all just use the same measurements!

11. JC316

Thanks Received:
    37.7*C and it feels like 48.8*C due to the humidity. It means it's fuckin hot!

12. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually sounds rather fun, but good luck with it all anyway!

13. olithereal

olithereal New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol...I slept in a tent during 3 weeks while I was on a trip down in Florida with my friend. Was pretty fun...it's really basic life :p It wasn't so hot tho, we were lucky.

Anyways, good luck and hope you have fun in that tent ;)

14. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alot of people think its really bad and im just trying to say it isnt as bad as some say. You really dont need a life of AC. Its nice but not necessary.

I kinda am having a blast because im living with my gf but its rough i wont deny that. Im just really looking forward to having my own house thats all.

15. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I don't see how you can have sex when it's over 100 degrees outside... all that sweat!

16. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    you must still be a virgin?

lived in a tent on a few separate occaision's, some of the best moment's of my life! :rockout:

17. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Why buy a house...buy a bigger tent!

18. Studabaker

Studabaker New Member

Thanks Received:
    So it's basically a compulsory camping trip :laugh:

19. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    You live in a tent, that's just funny.

20. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Isn't buying a house a bit risky? I've owned one before and had to sell it... basically put, if you buy a house and you know you can afford it, besure only 1 name is on the loan/title (yours), otherwise if something happens between you and her after marrying, you might end up buying the house for her while you return to the tent :p Just words of wisdom, nothing personal :)

21. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    scotland is freezing 20c is hot for us lol

22. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Sucker. I wired my house with explosives for just such an occasion.

Soylent Joe says thanks.
  23. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Wow, Cory didn't know any of this man! I have been wondering where you have been!

24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Stuck to his girlfriend.

25. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its nice and cool at night especialt with 2 big fans blowing the heat out ;)

Because you cant air condition a tent. Like was said before im not risking my exspensive hardware in this tent and i do have reviews i must do. To do this i will need my house asap to air condition so that way there i get max overclocking ability with my water cooling

Its not the way im doing it. Its not a regular house. Its basically a big barn type thing turned into a cabin with the insides of a house. Its really hard to explain. But yes it will be in my name but it will be our house. Ive already thought of precautionary things so if anything did happen i dont wind up on my ass and she is fully aware of this.
    All i know is that im 200 dollars away from full bathroom, full bedroom and living room, kitchen, AC and some gaming because its hard to game when your butt is literally sweating off onto the chair.