1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Some questions about GTX 770 SLI

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Rubnik, Aug 2, 2014.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    EVGA service is excellent. Some of the best from what I have experienced.

2. GhostRyder

GhostRyder

Thanks Received:
    I have had mixed experiences with them. On the one hand 90% of the time I have had top notch service with them and from friends with EVGA products when there is a problem.

On the side not, I had a friend buy a GTX 580 LC edition card that turned out to have a damaged waterblock on it (Cracked on the bottom no joke) that leaked in his system and tried to push the blame on him (Even though I was quite curious how they intended to blame him for cracking a waterblock that came pre-assembled on an area he could not have touch...). Got resolved in the end but was worth mentioning.

I love EVGA products overall however, their PSU's offer great value and great warrantys.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I used to have the same opinion, but not anymore. Warranties are only good if they will actually honor them, and in my experience eVGA will do anything possible to get out of honoring their warranties.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. GhostRyder

GhostRyder

Thanks Received:
    Really? Well the same friend I spoke of made a vow never to buy another EVGA product after his experience but mine have been good overall. Have not had to contact them in the last year, maybe they suck now and I've just missed it. Still like the value in some of their PSU's though.

5. Rubnik

Rubnik

Thanks Received:
    Are you talking by the way about Europe or US?Or is region irrelevant?

Personally I was let down by both Corsair products I bought.
    H100i Led broke after installing latest Corsair firmware.Thankfully they sent me a new one without much hassle.
    TX650m fan was making noise on idle because it seems it still received current but didn't move(bear with my English). I just replaced it with an NZXT 140 fan which got powered from my case's fan controller. That's the reason that EVGA's Eco switch is so appealing to me.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  6. RealNeil

RealNeil

Thanks Received:
    I've never had to RMA any part from Corsair yet. My original H50 lasted for many years. (tried to find when I got it but couldn't)
    I bought the newest H50 to replace it and it's a little better than the first one. I have an H60 and a H80 too.

I haven't had any issues with EVGA either. My two GTX-680s are still going strong.

For a PSU, I think that SeaSonic makes the best.

7. Rubnik

Rubnik

Thanks Received:
    In my country I can find the M12II around the same price, but they're 80+ Bronze

8. RealNeil

RealNeil

Thanks Received:
    I buy Bronze PSUs too. I have two Golds and all of the rest are Bronze.

SeaSonic Bronze is golden,........LOL!

9. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    The PSU market is a gold mine because everyone thinks they need monster units. I've read between 600 and 800 watts handle most single to dual gpu rigs.