1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

someone Is selling me an X800 GTO 2 card....still worth to buy???

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by CH@NO, Jun 22, 2007.

1. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi amigos.

A school's friend is trying to save some money and fix his car, so It's selling some interesting stuff and he offers me his SAPPHIRE X800 GTO 2 (modded, the stock cooler was changed to a better one and the memory modules was covered with heatsink). When I always enter on this Video Card section I can see a couple of Sticky Threads that are designed to X800's owners, so...

This card is compared with "put your knowledge here"????

Also i read that this card was made it from PC GAMING and I'ts the antecessor of the X1800 models right????

IS THIS CARD STILL A WORTH BUY, or It's too old to even think about buy it????

Oh, and the price seems alright to me, since here in Mexico all are more expensive, the card's cost is about $170 bucks.

OK GUYS, THANX FOR THE HELP :toast:

OSEASE GRACIAS AMIGOS!!! :D

2. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    $170 sounds way too expensive to me m8 :eek:

Its better than your X1650, but tbh, you wouldnt really be upgrading (much) I would leave it m8 ;)

3. GJSNeptune

GJSNeptune New Member

Thanks Received:
    No x800 should be over $100. Mine cost me about $150 a bit over a year ago. I'd say maybe $75 tops?

4. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know the price SUCKS but ALL here is more expensive, one of the reasons I cannot have a more powerfull PC, with the same money but buying on your country I surely has at least a 40% more powerfull PC.

5. insider Guest

What a ripoff save your money, you could get a X1950GT for cheaper lol

6. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    ....it may seem cheap to you, but the small increase in performance doesnt really warrant the price tag :eek:

PS: cant you just import a card over the border ;) (I live in the UK so I dont know much about US shipping taxes etc)

7. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah in here all are more expensive........goverment taxes + taxes + other taxes + i wanna rob you taxes.......the price raises 'cause of that.....the Play Station 3 here costs about $700 bucks.

8. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    That sux m8 :( So is there no way you could get someone to purchase a card for you elsewhere and have it shipped to you in Mexico? Because with the setup you have already, an X1950GT or Pro would go very nice ;)

9. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Cards cost maybe 170 retail but How much is he selling it for?

10. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I was already think about that but if for some MINOR error and for some random mistake what can I do if I have a problem with the card???????????, RMA it just took me WEEKs or MONTHs to make it effective, and MOST of the brands doesn't have a Authorized reseller / support here, so, I choice to expend some bucks and not suffer a PAIN IN THE ASS that must be buy on the US stores.

11. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    $170 amigo, belive it or not........I cannot compare with other prices since I don't found another store Online that can showme the price in Mexican Pesos, only that can find was a X800 GT and costs (NEW) about 160 bucks.

12. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:

:twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch:

THATS OUTRAGEOUS! I wonder what the retail cost of an 8800GTX would cost yah ....:nutkick:......

13. insider Guest

I'd rather use ebay and get it shipped into the country then pay those prices lol, even with import tax it will probably be significantly cheaper.