1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Something for you folders

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Solaris17, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    I know alot of us build rigs to do GPU folding. One of the reviews in this speaks fo itself though. It includes 1x 16x PCI-E slot which doesnt seem like much but it will deff save on power cost. Its a VIA machine they use crazy low wattage so all you really need to do is worry about a psu to run your card. their not performance machines with 2GB maximum supported memory. but if all you do is GPU fold this is inexpensive and youd earn your money back in a few months if your a 24/7 GPU user.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138187&cm_re=via-_-13-138-187-_-Product
    Chicken Patty says thanks.
  2. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    Damn, that's actually really awesome, looks like a much better deal than the Atom setup I was considering in January
    Solaris17 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    mad low wattage. And since you can set WCG to use only the GPU the pricessor ad ram arent really an issue. if you just GPU fold you can grank out amazing PPD and have the simplest platform to do so. Gaming etc would suck but HTPC or folder would be perfect. Iv actully gotten to use a VIA machine. Their actually pretty snappy. For someone looking to farm or not use their main rig. This is cheaper and more power efficent than a cpu+mobo+ram. :toast:

I think the peak wattage draw on the 1.6ghz via is like 7.5w..just for reference and thats if you use CPU if it idles it gets as low as like 1w the entire system (minus the card) loaded would take less wattage than a lightbulb