1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Something's wrong with my computer.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Black Panther, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I discovered this coincidentally, and have no clue where to start. I'm not even sure whether it's a hardware or a software issue.

It's about the White Bengal system in my system specs.

The computer performs well, I can play Skyrim, New Vegas, Crysis 3 etc... with no issues whatsoever.

But if I try Farmville 2 (don't ask why but yes I play farmville occasionally because I find it relaxing :p) it's like I'm on a 10 year old celeron with an MX440.

The game takes nearly a minute to load. Occasionally it gets stuck in the loading screen. Then when it loads, occasionally it loops and re-loads...
    When it finally loads, I always get like half of the scenery missing. The fences are always missing. Buildings are missing at random, sometimes one item is invisible, the next time a couple of other items would be. I click on buttons, for example to visit other farms, and no matter how much I click the button doesn't work and I stay put in my own farm. And more often than not my avatar (the little guy running the farm) is invisible and I can only see its shadow. I click on items and they remain in the queue and I have to reload and start over. Frequently the game just appears to freeze, though I never get the message that "Shockwave has stopped working" and it allows me to reload.

This has been going on for around a month now, basically the game's unplayable now.

I thought it was something with my account or with my wifi connection but yesterday I had my brother's pc over to install a 7850, and I tried farmville 2, using my own facebook account and my wifi connection, and the game loaded in 5 seconds flat and was perfect and snappy with no missing objects and all items in the action queue were always performed.

So this excludes wifi/ISP/networking problems and also issues with my facebook and zynga online account. I've also got the latest flash player. Malware is not an issue either, I scanned with MSE and malwarebytes.

Which leaves only hardware and software issues.

And that nagging feeling that something's wrong... and I don't know what it is. And that something might also be affecting my other games and I'm not noticing... Which is frustrating. (But let's try not to go OCD now ;))

I'm on the verge of doing a fresh Win 7 install, but decided to see what advice I could get over here first.

2. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    what browser that you run?
    have you tried other browser.
    it run slow only on farmville or the other game act like that?

3. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Something wrong with Flash or Java? (Not sure which one Farmville 2 runs on, can be both).

4. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    May be start with a smaller reinstall :) like the most common browsing requirements?: flash player/shockwave player, Silverlight, java? See if it helps. Does it happen on all your browsers? Flush the browsers cache? Registry clean? Registry defragment? If you are using Firefox, try turning off hardware acceleration- see if it helps. (options->general tab)

5. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    I'm running Chrome, but I also tried IE and it's exactly the same. I tried both Chrome and IE on my brother's pc (using my own online account and my own wifi) and the game runs perfectly.

Farmville is the only flash game that I play. Other games like Crysis 3, Dirt 3, Dirt 2, New Vegas, Fallout... all appear to run fine unless there's something I'm missing (I'm not sure if there's something wrong without which my other games would run even better, if you get what I mean).

I'm using the latest Adobe Flash. I'm not sure if I have Silverlight installed or whether I excluded it... I'll check about it. (EDIT: Silverlight is installed) I had Java and removed it, problem remained exactly the same. I deleted the cache, ran ccleaner & cleaned registry, defragged registry with Advanced Windows Care pro etc for 99 times by now I guess!
    Am not using FF.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  6. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    AHA FARMV- ok I had similar such issues but not with that game, and it was down to me having Java 64bit installed. I installed the 32bit version and everything started working fine.

7. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    Just confirmed that. Still the same problem here.

8. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Farmville 2 uses flash.
    Go here to the Adobe Flash Global settings page.
    Make sure you have set it to allow 3 party cookies and allowing to store common flash components.
    You may need to increase the amount allowed for storage. <-- you may need to experiment with the storage amount.

The Settings Manager that you see on the page is not an image; it is the actual Settings Manager. Click the tabs to see different panels, and click the options in the panels to change your Adobe Flash Player settings.

Link: Global Storage Settings Panel

And, if, you want to... here is a link to try the 11.7 betas for flash. Be sure to install the one for non ie browsers and the ie one, too.
    I have found them to be very stable and updated regularly.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  9. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    Tried everything you suggested. Still no go :ohwell:

10. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Dont play farmville?
    Your right hand may help you relax

Ronnyv1 says thanks.
  11. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Knowing that there is a problem with your setup is enough to drive most of us mad, no matter how trivial or annoying or irrelevant the problem is. I am pretty sure you have encountered the same too.

12. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    Black Panther says thanks.
  13. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, this shows that there's some problem. I see the fish and the water moving fluently, the sound is OK too, but the image seems quite corrupted:

[​IMG]

14. thebluebumblebee

thebluebumblebee

Thanks Received:
    ???? Try different graphics drivers?????

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. hckngrtfakt

hckngrtfakt

Thanks Received:
  16. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    The bowl bench is HTML5 (lots of JavaScript). This one is Flash:
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/465908

I got 14186 on IE10 (system in specs).

Judging by the HTML5 picture though, I'd gander something is wrong with the GPU/driver.

Black Panther says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    The fishbowl thing works fine even on the other pc in the house (Black Panther in system specs). I reload and it appears corrupted just on this pc (Bengal in system specs) that I'm working on.

18. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    You can try disabling hardware acceleration in the browser and see if the graphics corruption goes away. Obviously, it'll probably have a really low frame rate but...that's not really the point of trying.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    Something's very definitely wrong. An i7 @ 4Ghz, 6GB RAM and 670 4GB shouldn't be getting this result?

:confused:

What do you think?

[​IMG]

20. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Completely Uninstall Adobe Flash Player, Then Reinstall.

21. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    Completely uninstalled everything Adobe, even the reader though that wouldn't have been necessary. Ran Ccleaner for good measure.

It's a tad worse now. The game won't process beyond this point, after waiting more than 10 minutes (note that on another pc on the same network with i5 @ 3Ghz, 8GB DDR3 and HD7850 and using my same account the game loads in less than a minute, and me with i7 @ 4Ghz, 6GB DDR3 and 670 4GB I get this crap):

[​IMG]

Though it used to do that before, so I'm not sure whether it's because of me uninstalling Adobe or not. What's pissing me off is plenty other people with less computer power having the game run fine and dandy.

22. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    This is a weird software issue (made weirder as your troubleshooting thus far has had no effect) which obviously, at this point, has nothing to do with hardware specs/speed.

23. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    right click and increase memory useable.

24. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I would think that wouldn't be necessary on this machine if there wasn't some other problem but give it a shot.

25. thebluebumblebee

thebluebumblebee

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried un-installing and then re-installing your GFX drivers?

Crunching for Team TPU