1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sony MDR-XD200 super quiet + tinny

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by Rasputin, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

My Sony MDR-XD200 headphones have just started behaving pretty strangely, put them on yesterday and they had suddenly become very quiet..

Increasing the output volume of any device I use them with to compensate only makes the audio extremely tinny. Tried with the TV, and back + front headphone ports on the PC.

I have opened up the left side (input side) to see if there are any obvious problems, and I can't see anything.

Thanks for any help!
  2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Well if the wires arent loose somewhere or the cable has snapped.... Time to get a new pair of headphones??

Obviously RMA if the current pair is still under warranty
  3. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    this is a bit cheesy.. but have you tried cleaning your ears :D

sounds like something is on the verge of getting loose. check the solder points.
  4. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like a short/bad connection somewhere, could be anywhere from the plug to the phones itself.
    Usually this stuff happens either at the plug, or at the point the wires are soldered to the headhones.

This might seem odd, but sometimes you can find the spot by fiddling a lot with the cables, so you might want to give that a try :p

I hope you find the cause!