1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sony Readies Micro Vault P Series Flash Drives

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jul 11, 2011.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sony is planning to release the Micro Vault P series USB flash drives in the Asia-Pacific region, later this week. The drives use USB 2.0 for connectivity, and feature capacities of 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. A sturdy body aside, data encryption and data recovery software make for the "Micro Vault" name. The drive is designed to reveal the USB connector without adding to the length of the drive. A 360° LED allows you to monitor drive activity from any side, whichever way the drive is plugged in. Sony's X-Pict Story software comes bundled, which creates automated photo presentations. The drive will be available in black and white variants.

[​IMG]

Source: TechConnect Magazine
  2. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    :wtf: I want company's to utilize usb 3.0 and come out with fast flash drives like speeds of SSd's when they first came out, now that would be sweet.
  3. DeerSteak New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd be happy if flash drives could rival USB 2.0 hard drive enclosures for speed. 30MB/sec writes would be around 6x faster than what I get now, and 30MB/sec reads would be twice as fast.
  4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I'll stick with the Transend USB 3.0 flash drives.