1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sony won Emmy at CES...for PS2 Dual Shock controller

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Jan 12, 2007.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    A couple of days ago, we announced that Sony had won an Emmy at CES2007. After the gaming community collectively gawked at Sony winning an Emmy, Sony decided to print a press release announcing how the PS3 was the pride of CES. Unfortunately, there was some misunderstanding as to what Sony really won an Emmy for. Sony had indeed won an Emmy for their controller, like Nintendo did, but it was not for Sixaxis. Instead, Sony won an Emmy for the Dual Shock controller. Dual Shock is a feature not available on the PS3...at all.

Source: Engadget
  2. DMSMac_Consult New Member

Thanks Received:
    Personally, I think the best video game controller was the Nintendo 64 controller. Having a setup that allowed for comfortable operation of both D-pad oriented games and analog-stick oriented games was awesome. That was one of my biggest pet peeves about the Gamecube -- trying to play a D-pad game like Mortal Kombat was near impossible, the controller didn't allow for comfortable usage of the pad.

Until I try the Wiimote, I can't pass judgement, but at the same time, I'm not sure I really want to have to exercise and wave my arm around to play video games. The N64 controller was just perfect functionality for "lazy gaming".
  3. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    i think the award for the ps2 pad is a couple of years late, for me personally it was by far the best controller of all of the consoles around at that time. pritty big egg of sony's face thinking they won the award for the new gamepad
  4. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like Xbox 360's Wireless Controller better than anything else. It's perfect for FPS on Consoles, and the setup of the buttons/sticks is better than any other controller IMO.
  5. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Ha Ha. That sucks, though I thought the sixaxis, while interesting, wasnt as groundbreaking as the wii remote and nunchucku!
  6. Benpi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahahhahaeh@#h
  7. Benpi New Member

Thanks Received:
    yea dude, FTW - I like it even more than the Dual-Shock (and I REALLY LIKE THE DUAL SHOCK)
  8. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    Wiimote FTW!!!:toast:
  9. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
    for the dual shock 2???, whats next, kempston win one for the spectrum joystick interface:wtf:
  10. cmberry20

Thanks Received:
    Quick Shot 2 Turbo!! FTW.

:D