• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sound Blaster Z auto switch from headphones to speakers?

Hey guys, I recently bought this Sound Blaster Z card.

I noticed when I unplug my headphones it does not automatically switch to the speakers!

AFAIK the only way to switch from my headphones to the speakers or vice versa is via the control panel.

Anyone know if there is an option to automatically switch between the headphones and speakers?

System Name Dell Vostro 5630 | PHaS3-XXI
Processor Intel Core i7 1360P | AMD Ryzen 7 5700X PBO
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
Cooling Corsair H105 (AM4 Retention yay!)
Memory 16GB Quad Channel LPDDR5 4800 | Crucial 64GB DDR4 Pro 3200 C16
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 2050 | Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 Stock Cooler @ XT BIOS
Storage Kioxia 512GB NVMe |Crucial MX200 SSD + Samsung 980 1TB + 870QVO 1TB + 12TB HDDs
Display(s) Dell Laptop Display 1920x1200 | Dell UltraSharp U2719D
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403 | Logitech G Pro
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores @_@
I have the SB Recon3D PCIe, and that is how they work too.

AFAIK there is no way to make the driver automatically switch to (or from) headphones. It can be a pain sometimes if I forget to switch back to speakers, but I don't really mind that the switch is not automatic.

I have the SB Recon3D PCIe, and that is how they work too.

AFAIK there is no way to make the driver automatically switch to (or from) headphones. It can be a pain sometimes if I forget to switch back to speakers, but I don't really mind that the switch is not automatic.

That sucks :mad:

Sometimes I tend to switch from my headphones to the speakers or vice versa while gaming. No problem for me though.

Other people use my rig...so if I unplug my headphones and forget to switch to speakers people will assume the computer is messed up.

Kind of ridiculous that this thing cost more than my motherboard and can't do a simple task! :banghead: