1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sound Card Advice

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by stuartb04, Apr 26, 2010.

1. stuartb04

stuartb04

Thanks Received:
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Pretty much any sound card will push more db's than onboard. Perhaps go with a cheaper Asus DX or an Auzentech X-Raider.. if you can find one. :toast:
    stuartb04 says thanks.
  3. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the exact speakers. It pumps too much bass, but still good none the less. Just get any good soundcards to get the most out of them. Be careful with the Asus Xonar though, the D2 is PCI while D2X is PCIe X1
    stuartb04 says thanks.
  4. stuartb04

stuartb04

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    usb soundcards are usually not recommended unless you really have no choice - for example, a laptop.

you shouldnt be afraid to open your case up & put a new card in (if that is the issue) its simple as making love to a beautiful woman....

just gotta open her up & slip it gently into her slot...
    stuartb04 says thanks.
  6. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Just get an x-fi titanium for $80 or less, and call it a day, if you have money get an auzentech.....
  7. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    its gonna have to be a choice between an Asus Or Creative card - Auzentech cards have pretty poor distribution in Europe
  9. ToTTenTranz

ToTTenTranz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wut?

External soundcards often carry less features than similar-priced internal ones, but they're a lot less afected by the PC's electrical noise, which is why top-end soundcards are almost always external.

That said, I don't think speakers of that grade will have a much better sound using a discrete soundcard.
  10. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Negative on that one

depends on what your looking at - if your looking at a soundcard for a music studio then yeah - quite a few of them are external but they have some really exceptional internal cards for those who dont have the space to have a huge breakout box of knobs n switches on their desk.

M-Audio is a good example

top-end sound cards ALWAYS have a EMI shield - examples of this are Xonar ST, STX, & D2X - Creatives XF-i Titanium Fatality Pro series, Fatality Champion series

& the EMI shield greatly reduces the effect of electrical noise - If this method didnt work & prove to be effective then companies wouldnt bother putting it on their cards as it costs money.

Please stop spreading false information
  11. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Looking at auzentech's high end stuff and I don't see any EMI shields..
  12. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    That used to be the case in days of X-Meridian and X-Prelude. It's much better now, but i agree, still far from what i'd want. I could only find Auzentech cards at 3 retailers. Out of which, only 2 offered Forte cards, otherwise they only had crappy Bravura.
  13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Well i dunno a bout other countries in Europe but in the UK its extremely difficult to get hold of one

more Auzentech cards have popped up on the ebay search but their from Australia.

some of the companies here are some of the biggest names in online retailing in the UK & if they dont have the cards then the possiblility of sourcing a card from within the UK is pretty much less then 5% chance - you might get extremely lucky & pop into a run down computer shop that ones ever seen or heard of & they might stock them. otherwise no-one has stock or sells them. Ebay is really the only option for people in the UK.
  14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Do Auzentech have a fatality series? I think not ;):toast::toast:

you could make your own EMI shield anyway & in most cases it will improve the quality of your Audio.
  15. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    I'm working on a design now actually. I'm wondering if it should have large grates or tiny holes to help with air flow as the card was not designed and tested with covering in mind....
  16. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    If the titanium Fatality Pro/Champion is anything to go by, I dont think it matters too much...

[​IMG]

those little dots at the top arent holes - just small indentations to make the card look like raptorJesus. the back is still open