1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sound in headset and speaker question

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by Zaspera, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Zaspera New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a G930 headset and use my 24" Acer speakers sometimes. When my G930 is plugged into the computer, it is the default sound device for everything. Now what I want to do is have my headset used for Ventrilo and maybe something else (idk what yet) and have everything else come out of the monitor speakers. Is there a way to do this without having to unplug my headset every time i want to use the speakers?
  2. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    Though I have no experience doing this, there are many threads online and a fair number mention having an additional sound card.

One of the threads says that if you're using a USB connection (and from what I see your G930s are wireless), then it's possible to have Vent coming through the headset while other sound comes through the speakers, though this isn't 100% consistent across all programs.

I think the long and short of it is that you can't have one sound device routing some sound to your headset and the rest to your speakers.
  3. Zaspera New Member

Thanks Received:
    Damn. Thanks for the info.