1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sound Issue

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Qu33nieBee, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Qu33nieBee New Member

Thanks Received:
    My Specs:
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 203 GB
    Video Card: Radeon X1950 Pro
    Monitor: SyncMaster 226BW
    Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio
    MB: Asus P4P800-E Deluxe

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

I have recently formatted my pc and a problem has arised. I have purchased COD4 and when I play it for about half an hour or so the sound just cuts out and does not come back on unless i reboot the pc.

I have completed the following steps:

Updated all the latest Drivers from realtek.
    Speakers are all correctly connected.
    Volume is turned up all the way and not muted.
    Correct Audio Device is selected.
    There are no exclamations next to the devices in device manager.
    I have Directx9 installed.

I have searched all over the web and cannot find anything to solve my problem.
    Help would be much appreciated.
    Thankyou.
  2. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Check in-game sound setting and probably need to lower them. You could also try to unistall and Clean out drivers and re-install just to be sure. (use Driver cleaner or add/remove + a start "search" for remaining and delete).

:toast:
  3. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Your onboard audio may be starting to die. TRy playing some music for an hour or so, if the sound doesnt cut out, I'd say the problem is game related only.
  4. AddSub

AddSub

Thanks Received:
    Does this happen with this particular game only, or does it happen in other applications or games as well? If its just COD4, then obviously it's COD4 related (software). If it happens in other application or games, but it started after you installed COD4 then you must check what exactly COD4 introduced into your system?

This it?

[​IMG]

Also:

After your system is on for a while, do you get any crackling noises when playing audio, or any crackling noise in general? The southbridge on that motherboard has no cooling of any kind, and in a heated/poorly ventilated system it can cause trouble with audio? Although, I doubt it, since it takes lot of heat for such symptoms. I mean a LOT.
  5. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    reinstall your sound drivers, sometimes other updates especialy MS Updates will roll back your drivers to an older version that MS likes better.

also you said "I have Directx9 installed" i assume you meant you have the latest 9.0c version.

have you made sure nothings overheating from dust in the system? i assume you checked but i ask anyway.

try running cod4 on lower video settings to see if that makes a difference, im thinking your cpu might be maxed out by this new game and the sound is what gives out first.
  6. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received: