1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Soundcard & headphone issues...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by new_rez, Jan 15, 2008.

1. new_rez New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wasn't entirely sure where to post this so I whacked it into this section. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Basically i'm having a problem hearing all the sounds from my games through my headphone. On Call of duty 4 I can hear the far away noises and such, but cant hear dialogue and my gun shooting. Its the same for a lot of other games, I can hear background noises, but I cant hear close noises!

Im using a Creative 5.1 Audigy 2. Does anyone have any ideas on what settings may be causing this annoying problem?

Thanks
    Harry

2. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    simple question:

you sure your headphones aren't messed up? tried them in other products, not just games, and if so do you get the same problem? if you do have you tried a different set of headphones?

3. King Wookie

King Wookie New Member

Thanks Received:
    First things first, check the settings on the soundcard to make sure that it's on stereo,(2.0) and not surround.(5.1)
    Next, turn off all the sound processing that creative makes us waste our money on.
    Your symptoms sound decidedly software issues, but check your headphones on a hi-fi or such to confirm they are o.k.

(Edit) Also, check you are plugged into the right output, the light green one, as it sounds like you are plugged into the surround output.

new_rez says thanks.
  4. new_rez New Member

Thanks Received:
    OMG, i feel so stupid, it was because it wasn't in the right jack :( The jack colour was black to i assumed it would go in the black one. I feel like an idiot. LOL.

Thanks for that though. Now my games dont sound so wierd!