1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sparkle Announces Calibre GTX 480 Graphics Card with Custom Cooling Solution

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Aug 16, 2010.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    SPARKLE Computer Co., Ltd., the professional VGA card manufacturer and supplier, today proudly announced the Calibre X480 graphics card, equipped with the Accelero Xtreme Cooling Solution from Arctic Cooling, providing the world's fastest DX11 performance to gamers unbeatable cooling effects.

The Calibre X480 Graphics Card brings a host of the next generation of gaming architecture GF100--including tessellation, Direct Compute and all other DirectX 11 hardware features. GF100 architecture is specifically designed to support next generation gaming effects such as ray tracing, order-independent transparency, and fluid simulations. By using GF100 architecture, the Calibre X480 Graphics Card gets a tremendous boost in DX11 game performance and image quality, and brings film-like game characters and objects to users. GF100 architecture also enhances PhysX simulations with tremendous speed upgrade. In addition, GPU computing now can be put in practice in latest DX11 games for improve DX11 gaming efficiency.

[​IMG]

Cooling Better with Arctic Cooling Solution
    The Calibre X480 Graphics Card is equipped with the Accelero Xtreme cooling solution from Arctic Cooling, which delivers ultimate cooling weapon for hardcore gamers. The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme features 5 heatpipes, 107 fins and 3 silent low speed cooling fans. The radical optimized air flow design is targeting to cool effectively up to 250 Watt heat dissipation. The Arctic Cooling can dramatically cool the temperature of the GTX 480 GPU at least 10 ºC lower than the stock cooler. Together with the integrated memory and voltage regulator cooling, the Arctic Cooling not only enhances the over clocking potential but also extends the card's service life. One PWM cooling fan from Arctic Cooking Solution bring maximum air flow but operate extremely silence, thanks to the low noise impellor design and the patented fan holder which eliminates the humming noise. The unnoticeable operation of Accelero Xtreme brings you the unparallel non-disturbed gaming experience ever before.

Fuse Function Improves The Stability
    SPARKLE specially design the Fuse Function for the Calibre X480 Graphics Card. The Fuse Unit on the Graphics Card's PCB can avoid the hardware damage caused by the unstable voltage of the monitor.

1536 MB GDDR5 Video Memory
    Near future‘s DX11 games and 3D applications, such as Lost Planet2, Mafia II and 3DMark 11, they insanely use as large as possible number of bump texture, transparent texture to describe faces of characters and render realistic gaming scenes, so they put rigorous demands on the bandwidth and capacities of video memory and demand at least 1GB video memory. The Calibre X480 Graphics Card comes with incredible large 1536MB high speed GDDR5 video memory, making them to be first batch of DX11 single chip graphics cards in the world with video memory capacity larger than 1GB.

[​IMG]
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  2. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Cool, I would say cool, now ACCELERO XT will release for 480, but from the looks of the issues with the 5970 i will stay away from AFMKT cooling. At least self installed and not brand bought :ohwell:
  3. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I knew the Calibre lineup would return strong! Way to go Sparkle!!!!
  4. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    arguably the best cooler a GTX480 could come with, bar the triple slot's you'll loose.

If I were to do 480 SLI, it would be with two of these.
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  5. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    You know its bad when it takes that to cool it. But I like the colors, triple purple nurple.
    AlienIsGOD and Soylent Joe say thanks.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  6. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why did it take sooo long for anyone to do this?
  7. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    it's 2 or 3 slots
  8. netieb

netieb New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wish somone would invent a cooler wich blows the air out the case and not just onto the gpu *sigh*
  9. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    always loved sparkles designs
  10. cauby

cauby New Member

Thanks Received:
    Purple rain,purple rain. :D
  11. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    3 slots like all Accelero Extremes.

And for the 5970 Accelero issue, it came with overtightening the original screws/back brace.
  12. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    no need for watercooling WHOA !
  13. demonkevy666 New Member

Thanks Received:
    3 way sli

makes sli trying to use SLI, useless though in many ways.
  14. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Honestly if you have the need and money to go Tri-SLI w/ a GTX 480 you should just invest in water cooling.
  15. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    I got excited for a second until I realized it was another fukin triple slot cooler:cry:
  16. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    H20 is the only way to go:)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. HillBeast

HillBeast New Member

Thanks Received:
    Triple slot? Gah! Damn you GF100 and your high TDP needing really big coolers which will irritate people doing SLI.
  18. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    I would rather this ...[​IMG]
  19. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    +1

I'm idling at 31ºC and loaded at 51ºC overclocked and overvolted to the max.