1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Speakers not detected help

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by ProPlayer, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ProPlayer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone, I'm new here, and I've been looking for an answer for days to no avail. Sorry if my english is poor, but it's not my primary language .
    Well, a brief introduction first:
    I finally managed, after many weeks, to upgrade my pc (had to sell the old components first). The first installation of win 7 had been flawless, however I overdid and installed too much stuff too quick. I ended up messing with windows update, and I couldn't update anything anymore... Anyway, the sound was ok.
    So I backed up the drivers I already downloaded and proceeded to do another clean install. I did everything slowly and rebooted everytime it asked me to. At first I couldn't hear anything because I didn't install the drivers yet, but, even after installing them, the situation was the same. I tried several times reinstalling the driver (both the bundled ones and generic ones from the realtek site) with no avail. Device manager doesn't notice anything wrong. If I go on playback devices, the speakers look like unplugged, and instead it shows me "Realtek Digital Output" and "Realtek digital output(Optical)".
    Before anyone asks, yeah I'm sure the jack's plugged in the correct port, and I tried plugging it in the other ports as well, but nothing works.
    Help me please!
  2. SaiZo

SaiZo

Thanks Received:
    Do you have any control center installed, from the motherboard manufacturer that has more options than windows 7? I have had same issue with another system once, similar to you.
  3. ProPlayer New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes, the drivers coming from the motherboard's dvd have their control panel, it's called "Realtek HD Audio manager"
  4. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    or try check it from device manager and try update the driver from that
  5. ProPlayer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, no exclamation mark or such and it says it's already updated.
    Thanks for all the help btw
  6. ProPlayer New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry if I bump, but this is getting really annoying xD