• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Speedfan plugin for Rainmeter

System Name Aurora MK III
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925 Processor @ 2.8GHz
Motherboard MA785GMT-UD2H
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) Radeon HD 5770
Storage 2 500 GB, 320 GB & 160 GB HDDs
Display(s) H19W Envision 19'' @ 60 Hz 5ms
Case Case from Microcenter with a multitude of vent holes and ROM slots.
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio output
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
(I believe this is the right spot)
Right! I'm starting to use a beautiful skin for a little known program called rainmeter, and I was curious....It has CPU temps n such n hdd temps n the whole 9 yards via Speedfan...But uh...My pc doesn't record the 4th core's temp :/...
It only has
GPU
Temp 1-3 (These are the cores from what I've come to understand)
HD 0-1 (Obvious, I should hope)
Core
Core
Ambient.

Now ambient is always 0.
However....The first 'core' is always in the 40 C range, and the 2nd is usually in the 60 C range...I've had no luck figuring out what they're for (I read once that Core referred to the inside of the CPU and/or the case but uh...honestly...I have no idea what these 2 'cores' are actually monitoring...)

And that brings me to the problem. My 4th cpu core isn't being read...and I have no idea why I have two numberless readings that are called the exact same thing....I believe I know why Ambient is always 0 (no real sensors to monitor such a thing) so no need for me to wonder bout that....Can anyone help figure out this great mystery? :D

(If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it ^^;)

EDIT: Also, in the section listing fans, I have fans numbered from 1-5, but only the first 2 have RPM listed...I've been told that's because there aren't censors or some such for the other fans (I've got the various fans on the GPU n such, but also 3 extra fans of my own....2 80 mm fans located at a side panel n front panel hole, and a typical 160 mm in the back) so whenever I see 'Fan 0 RPM' it always makes me wonder which fan it's trying to measure, or which fan(s) aren't registering and/or why, if it is actually a sensor issue or something else....(I believe this is more of a hardware issue though, but I figured I'd throw it out there since Speedfan DOES register it...)

Last edited: