• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SPEEDLINK Releases the MEDUSA NX 5.1 Surround Console Gaming Headset

It's the epitome of immersive gaming sound: the MEDUSA range, which revolutionised PC gaming audio with true 5.1 surround sound. Now SPEEDLINK is opening up this sound experience to the console gaming world. Following the successful launch of the stereo model for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the range of console sound solutions is now crowned by the multi-compatible MEDUSA NX 5.1 Surround Console Gaming Headset featuring true-to-life surround sound.

As you'd expect, the latest member of the legendary, multi award-winning MEDUSA family produces incredible sound. It also lets you determine precisely where sounds are coming from thanks to its eight integrated driver units - delivering a decisive tactical advantage in multiplayer games and a surround-sound experience that will blow you away.

Thanks to the extensive yet easy to connect cabling, the 5.1 Decoder Station lets you enjoy this detailed Dolby Digital sound on the PC, PS3 and the Xbox 360 for the first time ever. The Station also offers additional digital and analogue outputs letting you use a headset and speakers in parallel without needing to swap cables. You can adjust each surround-sound channel as well as the chat and gaming sound volume levels separately using the inline remote - or mute the noise-reduction microphone at the push of a button.

Naturally, the Surround Console Gaming Headset also pampers the gamer. As is customary, the headset features generously sized earcups with soft padding that shield out background noise perfectly - after all, the latest MEDUSA model has a longstanding tradition to uphold. The legend lives on.

The MEDUSA NX 5.1 Surround Console Gaming Headset is available now for €169.99 (RRP).

MEDUSA NX 5.1 Surround Console Gaming Headset (SL-4477-BK)

● Surround sound gaming headset for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC
● Dolby Digital for highly realistic 5.1 surround sound
● Awesome sound quality with sparkling trebles and savage bass
● Flexible Noise Reduction Microphone for crystal-clear voice chat
● Inline remote for separate adjustment of surround-sound channel and chat volume levels
● 5.1 Decoder Station featuring additional outputs for parallel speaker use
● 4.3 m cable for loads of gaming freedom

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I've read nothing but good things about Medusa headsets. However, I'm really, really looking into wireless offerings since I have issues with corded headsets and me destroying them. I think being untethered would eliminate the likelihood of me killing another but I'm not certain. Still, these look pretty good and I'm tempted to test them out or give them as a gift to my nephew who does both console gaming and PC.