1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Spiders and cobwebs inside cases

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Artas1984, May 7, 2012.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I got black widows all around my house and scorpions. I opened my barn door a month ago and a momma scorpion had all her young on her back.........she was on top of the barn door and me swinging it open made her fall.......on my leg. Baby scorpions and a pissed off momma scorpion on my leg........next thing you know a 6.1 300lbs man was screaming like a little girl running all over the yard.

Needless to say I open the barn door REAL slow now.
    Law-II, purecain and Random Murderer say thanks.
  2. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    Ticks, but that's about it for bugs.
    all you guys have to worry about are wolves, bears, European Adders, Weever fish, and of course people.
  3. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    They probably like the heat of a crib as much as they do the inside of a computer. I keep my eye out but most of the time i see just daddy long legs and those i leave alone unless they get upstairs, they can hang out all day in the garage/basement.
  4. Random Murderer

Thanks Received:
    I had a good laugh from that!:roll:
    did you get stung at all?
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    No I didn't! However I was doing round houses that would make Bruce Lee blush.
  6. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    hahhaha :p yo mailman im in FL for two days @cocoa beach. not sure if thats near, just wanted to say hi.
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah man thats kinda close. About an two hours away I guess. Love Cocoa Beach! However Destin is better IMO.
  8. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    Nice here for a wedding then it's back to work.
  9. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Random Murderer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Random Murderer

Thanks Received:
    haha, completely forgot about that thread!
  11. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    Epic thread.
  12. angelhunter

angelhunter New Member

Thanks Received:
    found these bugs in mine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
  14. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    You do realize that the common daddy long legs has one of the most potent venoms known to man it's only for the fact that their fangs aren't able to penetrate our skin that stops them from killing us all while we sleep :eek:

we've got whitetails here nasty little fakers that can give a nasty little bite that eats flesh if left untreated :twitch:
  15. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    That is a myth, and is false.
  16. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I know sounds good though and I've put the shits up a few people telling em that little fib it's good for laugh
  17. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Mice can squeeze in through the slots in the back panel then do their business...usually under the hard drive.

Seen dead moths, spiders, cockroaches all in one case in amongst a jungle of cobwebs.

These infested cases usually come from rural areas.
  18. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    i can tolerate a spider as long as i cant see it... but i used to live in a house with beams on the ceiling. spiders would sneak in somewhere and run along the beam and for some reason start to descend right above me...
    so i'd be playing a game and all of a sudden some massive spider would appear dangling from the wrafter looking menacing....used to scare me to death....

i'd be on the hunt for it after that... cant let one live after its tried to jump on my head... lol
  19. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Loll I've had that happen to me but I do pestcontrol so they don't bother me to much.
  20. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    If you start seeing a family of raccoons in there drinking your beer, you know it's time to get busy with pest control. Or maybe you could train them to mow the lawn for a 6 pack a week. LOL

I was seriously looking at the Antec 1200 before building my current system. What held me back was the laborious filter access, weight, and lack of a CPU cutout. I also prefer two med size top fans and lower, horizontal vs diagonally placed side fans.

I settled on the Antec DF-85, which is loosely based on the 1200. It's not the best looker and does have a fair bit of plastic, but the filters couldn't be easier to get to, it has two 140mm top vs one big fan, and the 120mm side fan vent is horizontal and placed more in front of the GPU than the 1200's. It also has possibly THE best airflow and temps of any filtered, air cooled case on the market.

Despite being filtered, I have heard of people complaining of dust build-up in the 1200s, but it's obviously relative to how often you clean it. My case keeps dust out very well, but I pay strict attention to airflow parameters in setting it up, and clean the filters at least every 3 months.

The best way to avoid lots of dust build-up is to A) have filters over every intake, B) have slight positive air pressure (a bit more intake than exhaust flow), C) have a case that has minimal gaps (or cover them), and D), the obvious, clean it regularly, as no case can keep ALL the dust out. I've used black tent netting on some cases where filters wouldn't fit, and SilverStone 120mm premade filters on this one (side vent and rear vent my H50 is reverse mounted to).

Many run their PSU inverted (fan up) on the 1200s, but I noticed those that do complain of dust piling up on the PSU. Though my case has no bottom PSU vent, I mount the PSU with fan down. There's good airflow into the case from the front and side (since I put on the optional side fan), and the PSU feet raises it up just enough to pull in that air adequately.

Oddly enough my PSU's fan is designed to look like a spider web, but I've yet to see any cobwebs in my case, or much dust for that matter. Maybe the tiny spiders in the neighborhood are scared of my PSU's fake neon green spider web fan, or maybe I'm just a neat freak. I even put ArmorAll on my fans to make the dust less likely to cling to them and easier to clean off that which does.

Every 6 months or so I take my small compressor and blow out any dust that clings in the many hiding places. I'm telling you ArmorAll is great stuff. I can just blow the fans with the compressor and the dust comes right off. I also place my case on a poly coated oak veneer board from a wall shelf kit to keep it up off the carpet for less static and dust build-up. It even matches the color of my carpet.
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  21. DM3K

DM3K

Thanks Received:
    I work in a computer repair shop and I see cobwebs a few times a day, they don't bother me. What does bother me is when the computer hosts a colony of LIVE roaches. This has happened to me several times. I refuse to repair those computers.
    de.das.dude says thanks.
  22. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    I see spiders sometimes in my room, I tell them, you don't bite me I let you live and we go on about our business. Never had a bite, the day I do though, they all die.
  23. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    "I see dead spiders,...all the time".

I both love and hate spiders.

I love how some of them stand frozen and stare at me after I've spotted them, then do that little step back and forth to test if I'll react, just before I gather them up for man's ultimate garbage disposal, the toilet.

I hate how they can get into the smallest of spaces and make you wonder if they're covertly invading your habitat. I'd be checking my shoes real good before putting them on if I lived in the desert. Spiders, scorpions, all sorts of little nasties, some actually quite big.
  24. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    i hate those bastards, once i opened up a jammed motor for a compressor and it was jammed because of a colony of roaches and their shit.

i go all hyper killing mode if i see roaches. when i was small, they used to scare the shit out of me!
  25. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    yeah i hate them too :D
    if you have them inside your case you must be crazy and lazy :banghead: