1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Spore Galactic Adventures

Discussion in 'Games' started by FordGT90Concept, Jul 5, 2009.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    At first, I didn't like this game but the more I play it, the more I grow to like it. Now I'm practically addicted to seeing what kind of adventures get the most plays, difficulty, and ratings compared to others. So addicted, in fact, I started two what would be series. Strangely (and completely by surprise), nonsense missions (socialize/experiments) get more plays than combat missions. Socialize missions are by far the hardest to author because you need a constant stream of good material (or maybe not--people might be playing them for quick points?). At the same time, there is really no difficulty involved. The experiments also involve very little difficulty on the players behalf. Why are the simple, least difficult ones the most popular? I'd rather be in a 7 minute long, steady fight than have to sit through five minutes of dialog and clicking on things. I wonder...

So far, an adventure titled "Run, Run, As Fast As You Can" is my most popular. I practically can't stop people from playing it. I've redone it about three separate times. The first two times, it got very close to 100 plays. The current edition is the first I let reach/exceed 100 plays and it shows no signs of stopping. Why this surprises me is because it is exactly as it says: run in a relatively straight line for about one and a half minutes (depending on character speed). That obviously gets boring pretty quick. I can't figure out the appeal. :(

If you have Spore, I highly recommend you get it. Even if you never make any adventures, the additional captain options/missions add a lot of longevity to the game.

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    I don't know why, but I've badly wanted this game since the release. Is it really fun? I may have to go a few days without eating and buy this.

3. _33

_33 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I personally do not like Spores, it's an adventure on rails and I don't see much a point to this game for adult playing. It is surely meant for kids and has nothing that could interest me. I was excited at the idea of playing Spores until it came out and I actually played it, and I really don't need to play it again.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  4. Taz100420

Taz100420

Thanks Received:
    Is it like a Monster Rancher game on steroids? I've heard of it but never looked into it. Breeding games were my thing on the PS1 era.

5. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Cell Stage: You eat plants or animals to grow. You also come across some upgrades. You mate with other creatures to upgrade your creature (install those new upgrades). DNA is the currency. Once you grow big enough, you can leave the water and venture on land.

Creature Stage: There are far more upgrades and this stage can last a very long time if you want it to. You have to either socialize with other creatures or wipe them out. There's Rogue creatures, Epic creatures, and an occasional space ship drops in to steal some creatures (never you). You again mate to install upgrades. DNA is the currency. Once you socialize or hunt enough, you can move on to the tribal phase.

Tribal Stage: Your creature now leads a tribe and becomes the chieftain. You can build nine tribe upgrades on one of six predetermined locations such as a war axe hut, a hospital tent, or a gathering cane hut. Your tribe members can pick up something from any of the huts which gives them a role (like gather, shaman, or attacker). You ally with other tribes or you destroy them to win. There are five enemy tribes altogether. Food is the currency. Once you become the dominant tribe, you move on to the civilization stage.

Civilization Stage: There are ten cities spread throughout the map starting with yours at first. The objective is to take over them all. You can either take them over by establishing trade routes, attacking them until they surrender, or by converting them to your religion. You can create and use land, sea, and air vehicles which perform those tasks. Cities are upgradeable to contain houses (don't do anything by themselves), entertainment buildings (when connected to houses, they produce happiness), factory buildings (when connected to houses, they produce spices and also unhappiness), and defense turrets. Spices are the currency in this stage which are gained through cities, trade routes, and placing structures on spice fountains. Once you have taken over all 10 towns (by any means), it is time to go to space.

Space Stage: This starts with a fairly lengthy tutorial. I recommend accepting it because it gets you quite a bit of spore bucks (the currency in space). Once you are free of the tutorial, you can fly your space ship on planets (can't land), to solar systems, to the galaxy (which is huge). Your spaceship has a lot of features including an abductor ray for picking up/placing items on a planet, an arsenal of weapons, terraforming tools, planet painting tools, planet sculpting tools, and others. To upgrade your ship, you have to complete badges. Each badge may unlock something specific. You can blow up entire planets, attack cities until they surrender, set up trade routes, and buyout solar systems. You can also ally with other races or go to war with them. You can accept missions for other species and complete them for Sporebucks too. This age never ends and I have yet to unlock everything on a single character yet.

Galactic Adventures (Space Stage): Once you're in space, you'll occasionally come across solar systems with an arrow pointing at it. If you visit the inhabited planet there, you can ask about missions and accept an Adventure. Complete the adventure to get points which in turn unlocks upgrades for your captain making subsequent adventures easier. You can replay all completed adventures at the same location you did them before but you won't get more points for completing it twice. You can also go to the main menu of the game and create new adventures, share them, and see what people think of them.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. werez

werez New Member

Thanks Received:
    how about hide&seek? fun