1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

spot cooling fans

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by archp2010, May 20, 2010.

1. archp2010 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I am looking for spot cooling fans similar to the Antec Spot Cooler: http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/misc-coolers/antec-spot-cool/
    I have one of those inside my HTPC case and it is serving its purpose of keeping my Northbridge chip cooler; however, I am planning to purchase a Sapphire Vapor-X HD5750 graphics card which will make it even more difficult to position the fan to keep the NB cool. With this mobo, the GA-MA785GMT-UD2H, the main source of heat on the mobo seems to be the NB - even more tricky to keep cool in an HTPC case than the AMD 620x4 CPU which I cool with the Scythe Big Shuriken cooler. The attached cooling fins on the NB don't seem to have much cooling effect without air blowing over them in the right direction. The ideal solution would be if I could buy another spot cooler like the Antec with much less thicknesses and a greater length of flexible tubing - there are only so many holes available on the mobo. I could do without the 3-way switch and LED on the Antec. I am using the Silverstone GD05 case. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips for cooling my NB after adding the graphics card.