1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Spray paint armor plus internal case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by fang_laluna, Oct 22, 2009.

1. fang_laluna New Member

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone tried painting armor plus internal case?

I'm thinking about using metal spray paint, but I'm not sure which one to use.

Do I need to sand the case first before spraying?

One more thing, my friend has this air compressor paint sprayer, do you think the result would be better If I use this?

2. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    you can spray using metal paint but this will chip with use (installing components etc) I used a finisher paint after and a underlay before (a white colour). You will find these all together with spray paints at a local hardware store. Adding the finisher stops it from chipping so easy. I hav'nt painted the inside of a armour but i have other cases, but hope this helps.

You shouldnt need to sand it really as long as the surface is smooth and free of debris as you should use an underlay paint. I would recommend rubbing down tho with a damp cloth to get rid of dust etc.

3. wojo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you ever thought of buying a powder coating system from eastwood are someone else, Thats something I've been thinking about for some time but I don't have the money, I hope to get one this spring there are some great color's you can get.http://www.eastwood.com/hotcoat-powder-coating.html
    Bob